Thursday 27 February 2014

A writer of books, royalies and feeling wasted



27 February

What a morning!!! I got up feeling very weak and unstable. Sitting making tea first thing was hard work believe it or not. I could hardly lift my head to watch what my hands were doing. Jan took over and finished them. Thankfully by around 12.30ish I was OK. This game happens from time to time but not all that often, again thankfully.

Dorktown must be having a slow news day seeing as the News front page was taken up with the story about a local writer who has released his second book, Mobile Library after his first one Bed, was such a success. Is that right I wonder? well, I've looked for it in both Smudges and Waterstones and not found it. The guys name by the way is David Whitehouse. Perhaps I might have a look on Amazon for him.

These free books on Kindle are good fun for us buyers, but not I suggest for the writers. The one I have on the go now is called Ghost in the Machine by Ed James. So I had a look and found four more of his going for nowt and got them all. I know it doesn't give him any dosh, but let's be honest, how many of us can really afford to turn down a book for three.

I've looked at that scheme for leaving books around where someone else can read them after you. It seems a good idea that but the price of the labels for sticking in the books was just too much for me to afford at the time. Maybe it's time to re-look at it.  

A short one for today, so today's photo is ... 

The flower on one of Jan's cactus plants.

And today's funny ...

 I lost my job as a builder & it's been dreadful being out of work.
I just seem to hang around all day, drinking cups of tea, smoking and talking on my mobile.   

No comments:

Post a Comment