Friday 28 March 2014

Update on Jan, a first conference and yet more blackmail



28 March

We're up and down again today. I had a text from Jan to say that her feeding tube would be taken out today seeing as she is eating a full dinner, although it has been liquidised. As long as she can eat a couple of meals without being liquidised she should be OK to leave hospital early next, a lot earlier than we had thought.

However, she had also told me that she had almost bitten through her lip while sleeping last night. 'not good' thought I. The next text said that a nurse had told her she had a small fit during the night. That's the first since 1997. That is not so good news and we'll be hoping it just a one off. I'll find out more later today.

Sunday then ... I'm off to the Self Publishing Conference at Leicester Uni. It's the first writers event I have been to so I'm really looking forward it. Although I've read in info on the website, (http://www.selfpublishingconference.org.uk/speakers/4563095167), but I don't really have any idea as to what really happens these things but it all adds to excitement I suppose.  At least it's not all that an early start seeing as it's only about 25 miles from me here in Dorktown.

Two items in the news yesterday have struck me as worth mentioning. Birmingham Child Services are on their chance to get sorted out before they are taken over by a government body. A last chance? After five deaths already will it take another one to get some serious actions taken? This last chance is playing with the life a child somewhere in city. That to me is worrying - how about you, how do you feel about it?

During the banking farce a few years ago the bankers, the people who caused most of the problem in the first place hide behind the blackmail threat of bankers leaving and going abroad to stop government actions that were needed at the time. It worked too, the government backed down. Now we have the Big 6 energy companies threatening possible black outs and energy rationing to try to stop the 2 year investigation into their working and pricing practices. The government should call their bluff and give in to the them!

And so to a photo ... 

One of a set off benches at Chester Zoo. I thought it a clever idea.

And today's funny is from the Friendly Sage ...           

A little girl asked her father, "How did the human race start?"
The father answered, "God made Adam and Eve and they had children, and so all mankind was made."
Two days later the girl asked her mother the same question. The mother answered, "Many years ago there were monkeys from which the human race evolved."
The confused girl returned to her father and said, "Dad, how is it possible that you told me the human race was created by God, and Mum said they developed from monkeys?"
The father answered, "Well, dear, it is very simple.
I told you about my side of the family and your mother told you about hers."

No comments:

Post a Comment