Friday 6 January 2012

We have a screw missing

6 January 2012

Yesterday Jan and I went over to Focus Optics to see if we could a screw that is missing from the base plate of our Nikon scope.  Focus Optics to a great place to buy all you birding bits n pieces.  We get our wild bird seed from there at the moment but when it comes time to buy new bins or a scope, we'll get them from there.  Anyway, the point of this is that I drove over there and Jan in the passenger seat began a bird list.  It's only 10 miles from home but we still got 12 species of bird on the way.  On the way home we called into Tesco to get some milk and while I sat outside waiting for Jan I had look at the note books she was using.  Rather interesting really.  I found a story that I began some time ago, so long ago in fact that I had forgotten all about.  I've typed it up now so that it won't get forgotten about again.

I was thinking of going out to do some photography today, but we slept in and by the time we had got our heads together and sorted it was News time.  After lunch it had clouded over well and the light had gone.  I'm going off for the day on Sunday anyway so I'll make up for it then.  Speaking of snapping ... I had another photo in the Trib this week.  Very satisfying to see your own work and name in the local paper - even if it is the freebie one. 

Jan is reading through the printed version of my NaNo effort.  She began laughing out loud at one point and I wondered what was so funny seeing as I couldn't remember anything that funny, enough to raise a smile perhaps yes.  Anyway, what tickled her fancy was one part     a man was taking his two sons out for the first time in nearly 3 years and the younger one asks, "What's the RSPB?"  The older brother says, "It's the Right Stupid People's Band Mark, you'll fit right in!"  See what I mean? 

Well, that's it for today folks.  With Kile coming and me away for day I need to get some writing done before he gets here.    

No comments:

Post a Comment