Tuesday 24 January 2012

Blue all over

24 January 2012

We were up early again today because we had booked the council to come and take some old furniture away for us.  No time can be given so we had to be early enough in case they came early.  Not only that I bought Jan one of those pull along shopping trolleys with a seat on them.  I paid for 24 hour delivery again they couldn't give us a delivery time.  So here it is, 2.10pm and it's still not here.  I hate waiting in for deliveries.  Good job I have some work to be getting on with then eh ;-)))  Talking of which ...

Yesterday afternoon while Jan was off visiting our son Tom who is in hospital, I sat and got on with some writing.  I sat here at me 'puter and looked and looked at the open file that I wanted to work on.  No, this wasn't a case of writer's block, I knew what I wanted to write but what I couldn't find was where the preceding part was.  Then it dawned me ... I hadn't written that part yet!  deeerrr ... and I only have one head, how can I be so daft with just one? ;-)))  I'd been lying in bed planning where to go with the story and got the plans and work muxed ip ...  Once that was sorted I got 2,000 words done very quickly and still didn't finished the bit I'd planned; there's a good 1,000 words to go on it.

Not only is our son in hospital we had a phone call yesterday from the care home my mother is in.  She is confined to bed right now with a serious chest infection.  Jan was saying that she was hardly bothering to breath last night when she visited her.  Sad to say, but I don't visit all that often and when I do I tend not to stay there for long.  It upsets me too much to see just the shell mother has become from the ravages of dementia.  Last time we both went mother was clinging to our hands with one of us each side of her.  She didn't know Jan and then asked who the other lady was.  Yes, I find it very hard indeed.

The weather here on Dorktown has dried up for now at least.  I'm hoping it will still be dry tomorrow when I go to get me eyes photographed.  If not Jan will have to drop me off and then pick me up late in town.  I'm sure I can find somewhere nice, warm and dry to wait for her.  I'll take me netbook with me and get some more work done while I wait.

Today's photo is one I got years ago on Nikon Coolpix 4500 - one of those magic cameras where the lens bit turned 900 from the body.  It was very good at macro shots like this one.  I also have this one as my desktop image on my desktop computer upstairs.  I can't get Windows 7 to accept it on my lappy and netbook for some reason ... any pointers would be welcomed.  Here it be then ...

Nowt from the Sage today but how about this for a change ...
When the foot slips, you may recover ... when the tongue slips, never! 
(No idea where this came from originally but I found it in an old notebook once belonging to my father-in-law.  he had collected loads of such nuggets in there.)

No comments:

Post a Comment