Wednesday 4 January 2012

The choices ahead

4 January 2012

No rain this morning thankfully seeing as I want to go out into town today.  My NaNo effort, double spaced, is sat on a USB stick ready for printing so Jan and I can go through it with our red pens.  Once done I will release it as a freebie on Kindle.  It's not all that strong a story really and certainly not worth asking dosh for but hopefully I might push readers into buy the other two that are sat on Amazon.

It seems that the Dorktown malaise has struck yet again!  The body of young woman has been found in car outside an address in the town.  The woman's partner is being held for questioning over the death and an application to extend the detention has been made.  Where is the malaise?  It shows in being daft enough to leave a body in a car at all.  Unless of course, the man is innocent and she died of natural causes.  We will wait and see.

There's notice of yet another MBE in the News today.  That's two ex-employees of DWP (Department for Wealth Punishment), getting awards for making sure that government policy on cutting back on expenditure is carried out to the full while wasting as much time and resources as possible in saying "No" to their clients.  Again, nice work if you can get it! 

What are my plans for today then?  Well, I have to go into town anyway  to get that printing done, so while I'm out I will go to Smudges place and get next week's telly pages and a Amateur Photographer, if AP is published this week that is.  The market is on so I'll have a look around that as well although there's nothing we actually need.  But there will be no real ale today!  I'm off it again now that the holiday is over and I've no idea how much weight I've put on.  I'll get on the scales tomorrow and see.  After that we have two shows to catch up on from last night, Chris Packham's Nature's Weirdest Events and the new BEEB drama Public Enemies.  Tonight Mamma Mia is on at 8pm, which will mean that we will be doing the same catch up again tomorrow.  Anyway, after playing catch up this afternoon, I will get on and do some more work on Happyman.  I know where it is going for now and can get with it.

I'm hoping to get this Sunday for the day but I'm not sure where.  It will all depend on how the weather is.  I'm wanting a photo-day so I have some ideas but I'll just have to wait and see.  Most times I get in the car and go where it take me ;-)))  I'm fancying Oxford or Cambridge or even London again if I can get parked in city centre again.  But I also fancy Oswestry or central Wales.  It will depend on the weather as I said.  It might even end up as Ourgate and back!  Oh dear ... the pressures of being a man of leisure ;-)))           

No comments:

Post a Comment