Friday 13 January 2012

We had better not go out today ...

13 January 2012

Oh dear; it's Friday the 13th again today ... if you are worried about such things.  I'm not worried about them.  In fact, when I think back to it, Jan passed her driving test on Friday 13th sometime in 1997.  Mother on the other hand was very superstitious.  If she spilt salt she would throw even more over her left shoulder - "to ward off the devil"; two knives crossed on the kitchen side and she would thrown one on the floor and call one us out to pick it up; cutting toe and finger nails on Sunday and Friday were big no-no's for her.  Strangely though, she never worried about breaking a mirror; "Superstitious nonsense," she would say.  Try pointing out the inconsistencies in what she was saying and did and she just wouldn't reply or would walk off.

Enough of that ... how about the News today ... the Hussy Hospital is on the front page again.  Our Muppet Person is pleased that there seems to be a change of plan and the maternity and children's ward at the hospital will be staying in Dorktown and not moving to the Walsgrave.  There's a repeat of the story about the ex-mayor handing over a cheque to the Special Care Baby Unit; I don't mind being reminded of such things. 

Oh yes, an apology is due to the North Warwickshire Muppet Person Dan Byles, not Dan Dayles as wrote yesterday.  I made a mistake so I've put it right ... not that it matters all that much, he's still blue through and through!

What is your stance on this PIP breast implant scandal that's hit the news lately?  I'm a bit ambiguous over it.  Any woman who had the faulty implants put in because of breast cancer treatment should have them removed immediately free of charge.  They have enough to worry about as it is without the added worry of whether these implants are dangerous or not.  But I'm not so sure when it comes down to women who had the job done because they wanted bigger boobs.  The clinics that performed the job are the ones who should sort it out.  It certainly looks as though one such clinic will be serious trouble if they try to do correct it for all their clients.  On the telly last night a guy said that the clinic couldn't even afford to offer a free scan to see if there was a problem with the implants, let alone correcting them.  But here's another angle ... it seems the government may well be having to share some of the blame seeing as they gave the implants the OK to be used.  Whatever happens, there's no chance of getting any compensation seeing as the French manufactures have closed.  The biggest scandal after the fact is that the Tory lead government are refusing to do anything about it unlike the French government!

It's time I got on and did some more writing I think, well past time I did some actually!  I have finished proofing the NaNo so after this I shall start correcting the main file and get it up on Kindle as a freebie.  Then I shall get some more done on Happyman and on the children's story I began last year.  So much to do, so little time to do it all ;-)))

A second instalment on affairs; from the Rochdale Sage ...

A middle-aged couple had two beautiful daughters but always talked about having a son.

They decided to try one last time for the son they always wanted
 
The wife got pregnant and delivered a healthy baby boy.
 
The joyful father rushed to the nursery to see his new son.  He was horrified at the ugliest child he had ever seen.
 
He told his wife: 'There's no way I can be the father of this baby.  Look at the two beautiful daughters I fathered!  Have you been fooling around behind my back?' 

The wife smiled sweetly and replied: 'No, not this time!' 
 
I can't remember where I got this from but I still like it ;-)))
      

No comments:

Post a Comment