Monday 9 January 2012

In London yesterday

9 January 2012

I did go off to London yesterday and had a good time.  I didn't stay on the wagon though.  By 5 0'clock I was both hungry and thirsty.  I first went into the Chandos, next door more or less to the London Coliseum.  I could have had a meal in there if I was willing to climb the stairs but seeing as the barman had already seen me parking my scooter inside before actually going to the bar, I wondered what he was thinking of - or even if he was thinking!  Anyway, I needed a drink and had a pint of ...

This turned out to be the very best pint of real ale I have ever had so I was glad I stayed in there.  Next I went round the corner to the Garrick and got both a pint and meal.  And every nice they were too.  What made in even nicer for me was that I was served to two ENGLISH people and not by anyone with accents!

Lots of photos of folks taking photos and most of them all seemed to be having a good time with lots of smiles and laughter going on.  I could have stayed there all day there at Trafalgar Square I suppose, filling card after card of happy smiling faces.  However, I wanted to go south of the river for once ... I should have stayed where I was!  I didn't find much at all.  So it was back to the Square and then into the National Gallery where I spent a few hours being impressed all over aging by the works in there. 

Anyway ... Dorktown ... There's not much in the news today, mainly about what the council has been doing and so on.  The cops are still looking at the death of the young woman found in a car and now want to know where it had been parked over the New Year period.  There's a photo of last year's mayor hand over a cheque for over £20,000 to the Special Care Baby Unit on the front page.  This guy, Don Navarro, was amazing.  Every time I saw him in the town centre he always had the most amazing smile I've seen in Dorktown.  Well dome Don.  A few photos from yesterday then, and that's the lot for today.  I'm still knackered from yesterday ;-)))             




This lady amazed me ... how on earth she managed to lean back like that and not fall over I dodn't know.  I would have ;-)))
I sat around on the off chance of a better shoot if he leaned back too ... he didn't ;-(((



The Fourth Plinth is now being used to show a different art work every so often.  I like that idea dn I like this one too.



The only shot of someone not smilling.  There he was in middle of Trafalgar Square and he couldn't find anything to shoot? 



I thought all these old buses had been scrapped out but obviously not.


No comments:

Post a Comment