Sunday 15 January 2012

Busy doing nowt!

15 January 2012

Sunday morning again.  Our Sunday Express was waiting for up when we got up.  I decided I would have it delivered after reading Stuart Winter's Tales of a Tabloid Twitcher which I really enjoyed.  From there I learned that Mr Winter wrote a weekly column called Birdman in the Sunday Express.  This week's effort from him is about a Spanish Sparrow that has found its way to the Southampton area.  It's been there for some time claim some locals because there have sightings of hybrid local House Sparrows showing clear signs of inter breeding.  Well now, using the RSPB argument and that of some Spanish folks, the Spanish Sparrow will now have to be culled because it is interbreeding with native British birds, just as the wild Rudy Duck was culled out of Britain.  No, I can't it happening either but it does make me wonder why we as a nation give in these outrageous demands so often.

There was a very heavy frost here in Dorktown this morning.  I was hoping to get out to do some photos today but I've got up with a thick head and runny nose ... just I what I always want ;-)))  So you'll have to make do with shot for last year instead ...

My NaNo effort is now available as a Kindle download under the title of Finding Our Way.  Me old mate Bill Howe informed me that there were loads and loads of errors in the Kindle download of The Mission, so I've replaced that too and offer apologies to whoever downloaded it with the errors.  Yesterday afternoon I also managed to get another 3000 words done on Happyman.  Later today I hope to get even more done.

A very strange dream this morning.  I got up at around 5.30am for wee and when I got back to bed and dropped off, I found myself back in the Army yet again (it's a regular dream subject for me), but this Army was like no other I've come across.  Our morning parade consisted of us sitting at tables while the RSM sang to us performed a sort of comedy show.  Then we watched a parade of old soldiers, and I do mean old, 19th Century old.  At that point I woke up properly.  Daft I calls it.

Back to the Sunday Express then ... there's a photo of ship lying on its side close inshore near Italy.  The headline screams, "IT WAS LIKE THE TITANIC" quoting one of the passengers.  Exaggeration is alive and well then!  The Titanic went done in the freezing seas of the North Atlantic not in some by comparatively warm sea like the Mediterranean.   Not only that the Titanic went down fully in water several miles deep, not keeled over where passenger could possibly walk of swim ashore.  Of course, the families of three confirmed dead will be devastated by the news, and the families of the 700 missing will now be worried sick too.  That is why I find such exaggeration seen in that headline to be well OTT!

So now it's time to go get some work done.  But shall I do?  The washing up?  Well, there's only my tea mug; what about getting the coal in?  Nope, we have gas fired central heating.  I minded of the song in the film A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthurs Court (the original with Bing Crosby), how does it go ... oh yes ...
I'm busy doing nothing, working the whole day through,
Try to find lots of things not to do; isn't just a crime.      
I'd like to be unhappy but ... I never do have the time!  lalllalalllalllllalllla

No comments:

Post a Comment