Thursday 12 January 2012

Goodbye to another pub ...

12 January 2012
The Navigation in Bed'th will be demolished and a block of flats will be built in its place.  I've never reallly liked the place to be honest and at one time in 60s it was thought that bitter beer lines led straight from the Coventry Canal right next door ;-)))  The last time Jan and I were in there the place was dirty and smelly and the tables and seats were sticky and very uncomfortable.  It's sad that it will be going.  All it needed really was a decent landlord to get it sorted out.   

The Hussy Hospital in hoping to gain foundation trust status so is looking for a commercial partner.  The News says, "Hospital chiefs have not given hope of finding a partner ..."  It looks to me as if they have been trying for some time and are still looking.  I wonder how it will work.  Can you imagine a big concern like Tesco being such a partner?  Think about it ... prescriptions being given out in Tesco labelled bags; plaster casts with the words, "Every Little Helps" ... the mind boggles ;-)))

Dorktown is partnered with Bed'th for local council services.  However, Bed'th comes under North Warwickshire for its Muppet Person.  The current Muppet person is Dan Bayles and the previous one was Labour's Mike O'Brien.  There's a column in the News that O'Brien has condemned the recent HS2 announcement.  Oh really?  When he was in Muppet Central I don't remember him saying anything against it when Labour first said they were looking at it.  
Now he can safely sit back and throw brick-bats the current Muppet Persons.  I'm sure that Dan Bayles will soon have something to say about it.  At least Mr Bayles has been consistent in his fight against HS2 and should be praised for that stance.  I'll keep an eye on it.

The organisers of the Dorktown Carnival are looking for a 'fool'.  It's wants a new King or Queen of Mirth.  They used to have one but I can't remember but I can't remember how well it went down.  I do remember seeing the incumbent asking members of the public to bend the knee and be 'knighted'.  I always thought it was a bit silly really and thinking that as I wouldn't bend a knee for Liz Windsor, why should I be expected to do so for him?  Ah well ... ... ...

I've blocked the man who left that message on Flickr and it's being investigated, so that one's now over and done with.
 
Time I got on with dinner methinks ... ... ...   

No comments:

Post a Comment