Sunday 23 October 2011

Sunday is a lazy day

23 October 2011

It's happened again!  I've finished proof reading House of Pain and  uploaded the file to Create Space and because of some of the format changes I've made the actual number of pages has increased.  So now I have to re-do the cover to account for it.  The wizard thing they use has gone through its magic plays and I've tried uploading it but the site won't accept it.  So I'll leave it for today and try again tomorrow and it will go through without any problems.  Why I have to play these silly games every time I don't know and they won't or can't give and reasons for it.  Still, never mind ... it won't be long before its ready for release now. 

At least now I can get on and do more on Happyman.  I bet he's thinking I've forgotten all about him eh ;-)))  In between times I shall now get on with getting Sunday dinner done.  It's 4.30pm and you may be thinking that it's a funny time to be having Sunday dinner.  Well, for us it isn't.  I used to insist that we had a proper Sunday dinner at lunch time but Jan and our son didn't really like it at that time and it caused quite a lot of hassle.  So we finally broke out from the Sunday Dinner slavery and it was like a breath of fresh air.  Now we have what we fancy when we fancy it.  Today its banger in gravy with mashed spuds and veg.  But it's not just the Sunday Dinner slavery we have broken out from.

We're getting close to the end of October and already the Crimble stuff is appearing in the shops.  When my mother did Christmas, we would start with  sliced ham, pork pie, pickles and piles of bread and butter.  Three hours later we would end around the table again for the full on roast turkey dinner.  Come 5pm she was in the kitchen doing tea with trifles, butties, more pork pie, cakes, pickles, hot sausage rolls and God knows what else ... and if we didn't eat any of it she would get very upset.  Well, since mother can no longer so it seeing as she can hardly walk, let alone stand to do anything (she also has advanced dementia too), we have been able to get out of the Crimble Dinner slavery too.  Last year we have sausage egg and chips for Crimble Dinner.  And it's not a Bah Humbug! reaction either.  We still celebrate Christmas but we do it our way, not how everyone expects us to!  In fact, we did have a small turkey in the freezer but decided against it - see what I mean about not hanging mesen ;-))).  Not sure what we will do this year yet.  We'll probably change our minds again anyway!

The plan for yesterday was to go into the market to get some more candid photos.  Well, I did get a few but I've done nowt with them yet.  There's less than 20 so I shall wait until I get a few more before I sort them out.  Today the weather has been dry and a little sun has shown itself but I've been stuck in here working so didn't see any of it apart from when I hung out some washing.  Tomorrow it is supposed to be raining all day ... we'll soon see eh?                  

No comments:

Post a Comment