Wednesday 26 October 2011

Britsh Summer Time

26 October 2011

Don't forget that the clocks go back on Saturday night/Sunday morning.  I his mention this now because I'm sure it usually happens a lot earlier in October, not the last weekend of the month.  Whatever, it's this weekend guys n gals.

So we are not to have a referendum on the EU.  The Sunday Express had a good cartoon in it last Sunday.  It had Cameron looking to Libya saying that democracy had one and how good it was.  and then him turning back to the UK and the Muppet Persons holding a referendum form and Cameron looking horrified at it.  It seems that it is OK for everyone else but not us.  Sad enit!

Dorktown News has a front page story of two canal boats that had burned at the same time.  The two photos are odd though.  Each boat is moored either side of the Cock and Bear bridge.  So unless the larger less damaged boat has been moved, there's no way that it was damaged after the smaller one was burning.  Very strange that ... ... ... ...

It's that time of year again folks.  When we had Sally-pup the golden bitzer ... 

once the yobs started setting off banger in the street she would hide and whine and crap all over the place.  We bought sedatives for her to try to help but nothing really did help her.  The poor dog was terrified.  I wrote to our Muppet person Mike O'Brian at the time  about it and he refused to even acknowledge there was problem.  But don't forget, fireworks are explosives and as far as I know the only time it is legal for the general public to use them in November 5th.  Yet there's a double spread of ads in the News for different fire work suppliers.  They are even now saying that Crimble is a good time for them!  Ye gods ...
 
Well, I've messed around enough methinks and I really do have to get on and get some writing done.  Last weekend I did about 500 words towards Happyman but I wasn't happy with it.  It was OK for what it was but it was just in the wrong place.  I shall move it to a file where I keep all my bits I can't use and see if I can fit it in somewhere along the line.  Ah well ... here I go then ... ... ...         

No comments:

Post a Comment