Thursday 27 October 2011

Foot butcher day ...

27 October 2011

Our friendly neighbourhood foot butcher called today.  She's very good actually and very reasonable price wise.  All done now and OK for 8 weeks, just before Crimble next time.

Seeing as Crimble is coming up, I think it's time we had a ride out to see the various displays in the garden centres.  They do some really nice ones and I like to try to sneak a few photos of them too.  We'll do it on  Saturday when Kile is with us, gets him out for a few hours without spending a fortune.  We are also planning a birding trip for next week.  Not sure where though.  I've suggested Newport in South Wales, North Norfolk and also Welney Marshes.   

No doubt we will have to see where the car takes us.
Do you remember me moaning on about truckers not paying their speeding tickets?  Well, I also sent a letter on the same subject to the Dorktown News and it was printed today.  Maybe our Muppet Person will read it and take it up.  Who knows, we might get a miracle.

I also subscribe to the Ton Clancy Facebook page.  He has another new book - no hang on - there's a new book out next month with his name on the front cover.  The debate on his Facebook page is about just how much of his current output is actually his seeing as there's a second writer named on there too.  A number of other subscribers have said, "I can't wait for it to be released!"  I've replied with, "So what yet goons do then?"  No replies yet though.  The other one that bugs me is the BBC news reader who say, "Now it's time to catch up with what's happening where you are."  But they don't do they?  I know what's happening where I am, I'm sat watching the news.  See, another daft expression!

I love ties!  If I could get shirts big enough for me I would wear a tie every time I went out.  But have you noticed just how badly some people wear them?  They are not pulled into the collar properly or are over to one side of the other.  If you want to know how to wear a tie - look at Nick Owen on BBC Midlands Today.      

No comments:

Post a Comment