Wednesday 19 October 2011

Brighton report

19 October 2011

Well, I got back on Monday but I've been very busy since then to allow me to sit and do a report the Dorktown News ... so here goes ...

Brighton is to my mind a so-so town.  There's plenty of nightlife but not being a 'night' person I didn't see or try it out for size.  My biggest problem was finding enough dropped curbs to get about on my scooter without causing too much jolting and therefore additional pain.  That apart I found loads of pubs with loads of real ale.  I also found a lot of pubs where the bright lights and bottle lager were kings!  Not my idea of fun at all!  And finally I managed to get into Harry Ramsdon's chippy for chish phips and pushy meas, which was nice but nothing out of the ordinary really but very pricey.  Mind you, I was ready for it so I enjoyed it.  My hotel wasn't anything special considering the £35pn price for room only.  The room had a shower but I had to share a toilet which luckily for me was right next door.  Here's a few shots I got while down there ...
The wheel has been there for only two weeks and was being tested while I was there.  Sould be fun when its working OK.
What's left of West pier at sunset.
Part of the Pavilion.
The pier at night.
To my mind, the best shot of the weekend.  And finally ...
... me in a lift.

The Royal Regiment of Fusiliers has its own war memorial here in town, in Riversley Park actually.  Some morons have daubed it with graphiti and 'rude images' as the Dorktown News puts it.  What on earth do these nutters get out of doping things like that?  Dorktown it pretty much like any other town when it comes to graphiti I suppose, it's everywhere.  I just don't know why they do it.  'Little minds' I suppose.                      

No comments:

Post a Comment