Saturday 22 October 2011

Something strage has happened ...

22 October 2011

... to the stats on my blog.  Yesterday it was showing well over 1000 page views; today it is down to around 950 with no views yesterday at all when there was at least 20.   Strange that.

The plans for today are a trip into the market for some snapping and a little shopping and maybe a visit to the Willy White for a pint or ten.  Then it's back to finish off proofing House of Pain so I can get that sort out and uploaded ready for another proof copy to be sent out; one less job to do ready for November 1 when I start the NaNoWriMo activity - writing a 50,000 word novel in a month.  It works out at around 1600 words per day.  Still not sure which of the four plans I have that I'm going to go with yet.

I have registered for the Comprehensive Writing Course with The Writer Bureau.  Thing is, it's mainly based on short story and article writing, both of which I am not really interested in at the moment.  The result is that I have read module one but can't remember anything about it so I will no doubt have to read it all again at some time! 

As for actual 'writing' - I haven't done any since I got back from Brighton, and I only wrote 1200 words while I was down there.  I should think that apart from writing this blog, it's been nearly 3 weeks since I actually sat to do any serious writing at all.  Things have to change!  I need some sort of plan, but I never stick to them anyway.  My mother always said that I would never hang myself cos I'm forever changing my mind ... no idea how many minds I've since then ;-)))

As for Dorktown; well, its bright and sunny out there.  Other than that there's nowt to report ... ah well ... ... ...   
Just a few shots of Jan to finsh off with today.

No comments:

Post a Comment