Wednesday 5 October 2011

Autumn is here



5 October 2011

Hello all

At dinner last night I tried a new veg, for me at least ...

Supposed to be called a 'Romanesque' (no idea of the spelling), it really just a variation on a cauliflower.  It was OK I suppose but I wasn't impressed enough to make sure I've always got some to hand.

Market day again but it's far too cold to ride around taking photos so it was a quick trip to get my ears lowered, then to the mobility shop to collect the battery we took in testing and then to Iceland for some milk - and straight back home.  To be honest, it isn't all that cold and I was wearing my fleece coat but I still got chilled.  It makes me wonder how I will manage when it does get really cold.

There's a local nature reserve here in Dorktown called Ensor's.  It's an old clay pit from when there was a lot of brick making here abouts.  The lake has an import population of the threatened British freshwater crayfish, enough for it to become a SSSI.  Well, its deep, cool, clean and very inviting to younger people.  It's also very dangerous!  The result is that a couple of days a guy went for a swim there and was carried back out of it dead.  The invincibility of the young strikes again.

Plans for this weekend are for a trip to Yorkshire if the weather is OK up that way.  If not Jan is heading off to visit her sister in her new pub.  Then I shall go and have ride around Brum.  Not sure what I will do over there though but library and museum and art gallery look good again.  Oh yes ... the book fest is on isn't it?  Well, that settles it then ;-)))      

No comments:

Post a Comment