Saturday 3 September 2011

We're home ...

3 September 2001

We got home around 1.30 this after.  The drive down from Blackpool to Dorktown was uneventful thankfully and we called in to Tesco in Coventry for some shopping before arriving back here.  The original idea was use the coast road and make our way down to Southport for some birding at Marshside and then on to Martin Mere to finish off with.  However, it was raining as we loaded the car outside the hotel so we cut our losses and drove straight down here.

Getting here we had a cuppa before unloading the car.  It was then that I missed my W H Smith bag with current editions of writing Magazine and AP in it along with two new books on bird watching I've been looking for, for some time now.  I phoned the hotel and they were found and will be posted back next week when the post office opens.  That's good cos I wanted to finish both - besides, the books were £18 and we can't afford to waste that much!      

What we didn't know about when we first arrived in Blackpool was last night was the big Turn On for the annual illuminations.  If we had known I'm not sure if we would have still gone this last week or waited until next week.  Traffic was pretty horrendous all over town and with the main central car park closed to be used for a stage show drivers were just driving around looking for somewhere else to park.  Luckily we had booked a place in car park not far from there and we were OK.  It was getting there that was the problem!  We had a ride around on our scooters after parking up and then returned to the hotel about 8pm.  Once inside we didn't here another sound from the large crowd a couple of hundred yards away. 
 
So now what do I have planned.  Tomorrow we shall be going to buy our two budgies we have both been wishing we could have - but Jan will be driving, not me!  Then when we get back I'm off upstairs to the study to continue with some writing.  I also have to upload the latest effort to CreateSpace and order what I hope is the last proof copy of The Mission before it gets released.  Then its eyes down to get House of Pain sorted too.  Can you remind me of why we do all this writing malarkey?  I thought it was supposed to be fun ;-)))           

No comments:

Post a Comment