Monday 5 September 2011

I don't like MONDAYS!


5 September 2001

Why do I hate Mondays?  Don't know really.  They just don't 'feel' right if you know mean.  Take today here in Dorktown.  It's bright and sunny but there a good wind blowing.  I have to go out later cos like a wally I left two magazines and two books in our room at the Fairways and I need to send a stamped address jiffy bag to get them back.  If it was just the mags I'd say get rid of then buy new ones but the books are pricey and I need them back!   I'd sooner stay here and do some reading or writing ... but hey ho ... I made the balls up so I have to put it right. 

Something else I need to do is to sort through all the photos I took last week.  Another balls up there folks - I forgot the USB cable to do the down loads while I was up there.  There's nearly 400 of them to wade through.  A lot of them are crap though and won't get anything done to them.  Some will appear on here eventually.
One of my Facebook Friends posted a link to an event at the Birmingham Book Festival in October.  The event concerned was a night in the  storage areas of the museum but I'm afraid that because of health issue I won't be able to attend that one.  However, I was interested in what else was on offer and I sent for the advertised brochure, and good reading it makes too.  I shall be attending some of the daytime and evening events.  on the 12th Oct; there's an evening with Ian Rankin; 8th, Publishers Fair; 13th Art and Writing at the Barber Institute of Fine Arts (which is worth visiting in its own right!); in addition there's the Festival Shop, being held in the City Library foyer; that has to be good visit ... but they don't take cards, so take plenty of cash!

There I was sat on me bed in the hotel reading a magazine and I had yet another story line pop into my head ... based on a writer staying in a hotel ... very original hey ;-)))  I get the ideas easy enough, it's the story building I find hard.  A lot of my ideas come from dreams.  I keep and book and pen beside the bed so I can make a note of any that I might think are useful.  One I got that way is now called Arathusia and is waiting for completion.  Another I got last week was based around a top secret airbase that was doing space research ... and that's as much as I could remember of it really.   Happyman got another couple of hundred words done yesterday while I was watching telly.  I'll re-read it later today and change it all I suppose.

My major task today though is to set up my lappy and printer in the back room so that I can sit in comfort while I write.  Right now I'm in my recliner with the lappy on a moveable table that slides under it.  It's not a comfortable position though and my back is twisting causing some pain and discomfort.  We've had to wait for the dogs to leave us so I could set up out there.  I didn't want them chomping on the cables.

I have another blog you might be interested in ...
http://birderronindorktown.blogspot.com/2011/09/not-good-weeks-birding.html?spref=fb

Well, it's now time for lunch and we are both going out in the car.  Jan has just told me it's raining yet again!  So that's the scooter idea out the window as well.      

No comments:

Post a Comment