Tuesday 20 September 2011

Pub crime

20 September 2011

Dorktown is in the news again but for all the wrong reasons.  A few weeks ago we visited the one pub in Dorktown I'd never been in, The Prince on Arbury Road.  We were not impressed.  It now seems that that the cops were called to a stabbing there at 7pm on Sunday.  The victim is now in hospital in a critical condition.  Arbury Road is a major road out of the town and it was closed until 2pm yesterday afternoon.  The traffic chaos must have been horrendous.  Now I'm stuck cos a month ago I started a story about a stabbing in a pub and it might seem a tad insensitive to continue with it now.  We'll see later.

Normally I don't get up all that early but this morning I was up for a pee just downstairs before 8'o'clock.  By the time Jan got up at 10'0'clock I had got 1700 words of another story written.  My book House of Pain isn't published yet this new one is a follow up for it.  I suppose I should really finish Happyman first, well, once House of Pain is done that is.

I got a surprise yesterday when I looked at the stats for this blog and saw that 21 folks had read it.  That's great so thank you all for looking.  It gives me the incentive to keep on with it.             

No comments:

Post a Comment