Thursday 8 September 2011

No big buys yesterday

8 September 2011

We didn't spend lots of dosh yesterday, well, not as much as we were hoping to anyway.  We travelled to the Seat dealer to look at the car Jan fancied and it is a real smart car too.  We saw it in Lifestyle magazine, sent out to anyone who obtains a car or scooter on the Mobility scheme.  They had it listed as being £399 advanced payment.  Well, they missed a '9' off the end!  Again!  It's not the most reliable off magazines folks.  That's three times now we've been caught out by one of their mistakes.  There's a lesson there for us writers I think.

So it was back to the Zafira.  But then we got told about a Chevrolet Orlando.  So off we went to the local Vauxhall dealer to have look at them.  The one in Coventry City Centre had one that belongs to one of the staff and he agreed for us to have a look at it.  Sadly the boot is nowhere near beg enough to take even one of our scooters, let alone both of them.  Nice motor though.  BUT ... even if it was big enough, there's a nine month wait for one.  Jan could have baby in that time!  It seems that they are built in Korea but all the bits come from Japan ... and we all know what has happened there don't we.  Well, according to Lifestyle yet again, there's no more problems with getting cars from Japan.  Cock-up #2 in one mag!  Later today we will go out and have a look at the new Fiat and a Peugeot (I call them Pugits), and see if they are suitable.

Now a change of direction.  If you are reading this I take it you are doing so on computer of some sort.  Well, if so, have you set a log-in password so no-one else can get at your files?  Well, they can!  And it won't cost anything to do so either!  When I set up my new Acer lappy I set a password and then promptly forgot it and couldn't get back into it.  So I got in touch with the supplier, took it back to them and they stripped out the password I'd set ready for a new one to set when I got back home.  Did you get that?  Yes, they stripped out the old password.  Now here's the other bit for you.  I contacted my mate in Rochdale and within hours he had found free software on to do the same job.  Now that ought to raise a few eyebrows.  We set the passwords to protect our work but if the main password can be defeated so easily, how about all the others we set?  Can they too be stripped out just as easily?  And if so why are they keeping it all so quiet?
I couldn't resist it you know.  We did got to Morrison's yesterday and they had the sausage rolls on offer again.  This time it was £2.50 for 4 but they were cold so I didn't eat any of them.  Really looking forward to one of those later.

We did well there yesterday for once.  I did buy an Amateur Photographer while I was there.  It had a free DVD with it, so that why I bought it.  I sat reading it last night and I got really excited.  My main camera is a Sony Alpha 350 and it's a dream of camera to use.  The photos I posted on here yesterday were taken with it.  It is however 3 years old next month and is starting to show its age.  So there in AP was news of a new Sony Alpha.  They came out with a new model about 12 months ago called the Alpha 55 and was lusting after one of those.  Now they have updated it and added 2 new models, the 65 and the 77.  The 77 has 23.4million pixels and burst rate of 12 frames per second.  The rest of the specs are far too complex to list here but I got very excited.  But at £1245 I shall have to wait a bit :-(((  Mind you, I have been looking at the Nikon D90 which is also showing its age now, and the newer D7000.  We'll see later.

From the Rochdale sage again ...

An 18 year old Italian girl tells her Mum that she has missed her period for 2 months. Very worried, the mother goes to the drugstore and buys a pregnancy kit..
The test result shows that the girl is pregnant.

Shouting, cursing, crying, the mother says,
'Who wasa de pig that did this to you? I wanna know!'

The girl picks up the phone and makes a call.
Half an hour later, a Ferrari stops in front of their house.
A mature and distinguished man with grey hair and impeccably
dressed in an Armani suit steps out of a Ferrari and enters the house.

He sits in the living room with the father, mother, and the girl and tells them:
'Good morning, your daughter has informed me of the problem’.

‘I can't marry her because of my personal family situation but I'll take charge.
I will pay all costs and provide for your daughter for the rest of her life.


Additionally, if a girl is born, I will bequeath a Ferrari, 2 retail stores, a townhouse,
a beach-front villa, and a $2,000,000 bank account..


If a boy is born, my legacy will be a couple of factories and a $4,000,000 bank account.

If twins, they will receive a factory and $2,000,000 each..


However, if there is a miscarriage, what do you suggest I do?'

At this point, the father, who had remained silent holding a shotgun, places a hand firmly on the man's shoulder, looks him directly in the eyes and tells him
"You a-gonna try again!"                    

No comments:

Post a Comment