Tuesday 13 September 2011

Dorktown is FAT!

13 September 2011
According to the local rag, Dorktown is now the 5th fattest town in the UK.  I can believe that too.  Just look at me for an example.  And what about this ...

I got this shot in the market last year sometime and this family isn't the biggest I've seen here too.  The question is, "Why is Dorktown so fat?"  Well in my case it down to laziness and greed and I would suggest that is the reason for the vast majority of the others in this place.  I am now paying the price for it in back and hip pain, type 2 diabetes and general poor health.  And that worries me somewhat.  I'm 63 next month but some of the folk in this town are a lot bigger than me and are at best only half my age.  What will happen to them if they get to 63?  I live just 100yards off Queens Road.  At the bottom of the street is a chippy; within 50 yards there are another three fast food take always.  There are loads more all over the town.  Is it any wonder that the town is so fat with so many cheap and easy food outlets so close?

The George Eliot Hospital has been given a clean bill of heath by the Quality care Commission it seems.  But with all the fuss over that hospital in Stafford can we have faith in what the QCC says?  My few stays in the Town Hussy Hospital were OK I suppose, at least I didn't get MRSA or CDiff.  But others have and the local rag has carried stories of bad patient experience there.  I personally know of three people who had operations done there by the same man - and all three are now crippled!  I also know of three others who saw that man, myself included, who he referred on to others for treatment and they have had little or no problems since.  Makes you wonder eh?

We were hoping to go into town this afternoon but as it's raining now I'm not so sure.  There's nothing vital we need so it was just a trip to get us out of the house for an hour or so.  We'll have to wait and see I suppose.                 

No comments:

Post a Comment