Thursday 17 March 2016

I'm back - but still grumpy!


17 March



Many, many apologies for my absence since last month. This was due down to the many problems I was having with my internet connection on the web, plus the 31 malware threats I had managed to pick up somewhere over the previous few weeks. Monday saw me give up trying to sort it out myself and head for Currys where I left it to be sorted out. It took them two days to sort it for me. When we got back at 2pm yesterday it was still doing what it had to do. So we returned three hours later and now I can use it properly again. My first task when I do go on-line today is to buy an anti-malware program, I don’t want all that again. I’ve never had so many computer problems before.



At least I was able to use it when I was working off-line, so all the time wasn’t totally wasted as I did manage to get all of the long hand Arathusia I had ready, typed up. It is now standing at 42,000+ words. Now what do I do? Double the writing time by continuing with the handwriting/typing the way I have been doing, or just to crack on and type it straight off. Whatever, I’m not quite ready to start again right now. Diabetic clinic in two hours and then I’m off to town on me scooter.



Moving on then; off one thing I am very happy about right now is that I am not involved in voting in the US elections later this year. Even so, we do have an interest in what happens. We Brits have such close ties with the US that we do need to be aware of what is happening over there. The more see of Farter Trump on the news, the more he frightens me. Yesterday he was accused of encouraging violence at his rallies, but claims not. From what I saw and hearing what he said, I would he was guilty of those claims.



What worries me about him is just that, he is an arrogant, belligerent man who I can see leading his country into an all-out war somewhere. The danger is that because of treaty obligations, we too would be dragged into it as well, and right now we can hardly meet our current obligations, let alone take on a full scale war. Our one hope is that renown Washington underbelly that cripples so many US presidents, will act to slow him down.



It is strange how many times in contemporary literature/films, predicted what will happen at some time. Tom Clancy had an airplane deliberately crashing into the Capital building, 9/11; Stephen King Wrote about a man who was well ahead in the election race but was seen by another man as being the starter of WW3 in The Dead Zone. Let us hope King hasn’t see this one in reality with the Farter!



Of course we do have our own voting opp in abound three month time. OK, I shall be voting to leave the EU. That is something I have wanted for a long time now, at least since the mid-1980s. And to my shame I was one of those guilty people who voted yes in the vote as to if we should join it or not. That was my choice at the time, to leave is my choice this time. At least if we do leave, we can start to fill in that bloomin great hole under our Channel. There are many reason for this choice on my part, just as there will be for those who will vote to remain in the EU. What we do not want, nor indeed, are the scare tactics that some on both sides are resorting to. That makes them look all the more like the Brit version of The Farter!



It’s coming up to that time of year folks, when dentists get all their tools cleaned, sharpened and polished up ready for more childhood rotten teggise. My mother finally got the message and bought me a pineapple instead of loads of chocolate at Easter. Today’s photo is one I got earlier inn the year …

Too early at that time to be selling these methinks.


Let’s try a funny again … it’s been a battle but I have got it ...


A lady was picking through the frozen turkeys at the grocery store, but couldn't find one big enough for her family.
She asked a stock boy, "Do these turkeys get any bigger?"
The stock boy replied, "No ma'am, they're dead."
              

No comments:

Post a Comment