Saturday 19 March 2016

On free stuff, drunks n junkies, and books on telly



19 March

Yesterday I watched the previous night’s Tonight show as I normally do and this one was on about drink driving again, but this time was looking at the confusion of how many units of alcohol it takes to put you over the legal limit. Seeing as Jan and I haven’t been drinking at all for 12 months now, it’s not an issue that concerns as such. However, we should be concerned as to how much other people are drinking before getting in their cars and driving off. Some of the horror stories we have seen on telly on this one over the years, it’s a problem to concern us all really. And not just drunk drivers either, stoned drivers are just as dangerous. With both of them we just don’t know do we. How can we tell them from other drivers if they are just over the limit? We can’t, and that is why we should be concerned.

Someone I know writes reviews on products sent to her for testing and reviewing, and some of them are pretty high value goods too. Anyway, just lately someone has been saying Amazon have changed their rules by saying that they will not now offer free postage on such orders. In the end the sender was told not to send anymore items cos there were a number of others who would send them postage free. Now the sender has backed down and another high value item is on its way. Another sender has sent two pairs of headphones for reviews, and I’ve been asked to try out one pair of them. So far I haven’t had the chance apart from trying them on, and they certainly cut down the sound from the telly, but later today I will be doing so properly.

Game of Thrones next then; while I was in Asda I noticed that series five was on sale so I bought it, why not at £25. When we bought the first four series we paid a lot more for them. We were in the middle of watching them again, well actually, we were nearly finished them. We watched the last disc last night; now we can start on the new series later today. This Martin fella numbers his books oddly though. So far there are seven books in the set and I have them all, but according to the writer, there is five books over seven novels – see what I mean? The next in the series is well overdue but it struck me yesterday that so far there is one series for each book. So when the sixth series begins is Sky Atlantic run in August this year, there will still be one more series owned to fans. After that the next book is due.

However, I’ve said on here that I am not a fast reader, not fast at all. Yesterday I wrote about how easy a read I found Keystone to be. The fifth GoT, is not so easy to read, at least not for me. That is why I have paused reading it twice to read something lighter. If #6 is as hard to read for me, then I won’t be bother with #7 or any more of them. We’ll see of course, but I have lots more books to get on with right now anyway.

And so it’s Easter next weekend, and Kile wants to spend Easter weekend at home with the family, which I can understand, we can have him from the Monday. I’m hoping that we can get him out one day for a day, all depends on the weather of course. We love having him but when he goes back home we are both relieved. This weekend is not our normal weekend for him anyway. So for today’s photo … Our little angel?

Today’s funny …

A famous art collector is walking through the city when he notices a mangy cat lapping milk from a saucer in the doorway of a store and he does a double take.

He knows that the saucer is extremely old and very valuable, so he walks casually into the store and offers to buy the cat for two dollars. The store
owner replies "I'm sorry, but the cat isn't for sale. The collector says
"Please, I need a hungry cat around the house to catch mice. I'll pay you twenty dollars for that cat." And the owner says "Sold," and hands over the cat.

The collector continues, "Hey, for the twenty bucks I wonder if you could
throw in that old saucer. The cat's used to it and it'll save me from having to get a dish."

And the owner says, "Sorry buddy, but that's my lucky saucer. So far this week I've sold sixty-eight cats."
     

No comments:

Post a Comment