Wednesday 7 May 2014

Pishing scam, broadband and unknown writers



7 May

It seems that I spoke too early last night. I posted and update on my Facebook page saying that my broadband connection was working properly at long last. Well, it isn’t working so well now. I prefer Firefox as my browser of choice but that keeps losing the signal for some reason. IE works a lot better though, so I suppose I will have to go there instead. I’m also having to go through a long winded effort to open any Word document, and need to open Shipshape before I can open any other document. Ah well … … …

Again last night, I had an email come through supposedly from FeDex; look at the spelling there. It claimed that they had tried to deliver a Visa parcel to me at 5.54pm … hmmm … but the email was timed at 9.29am. Now that is clever of them. I wonder if they would like to choose my next lottery numbers? Jan phoned Nationwide to ask if they use FeDex but they don’t. It’s clever this one because we are expecting new debit cards at some time this week. This email has been forwarded on to Nationwide and MSN as a phishing attempt.

Jan was out at her bible study last night. It was a relief for both of us. Earlier we had gone out over to Coventry and she took it in head to drive home; and she did. So she drove herself to the bible study. By being able to drive again it’s given her confidence a big boast and has got her independence back. Anyway …

After playing on the ‘puter for a bit, I settled down to read my copy of Writers Magazine. One of the article writers mentioned a successful author who I have never heard of before, and that really is happening a lot these days. I know I haven’t read every writers’ work but even those I haven’t read, I do know something of their work. I wonder why these article writers use the names of, as I see it, obscure writers for quotes?

Today’s photo then makes me a tad hungry … 

Apples at a local fruit and veg shop in the town centre.

And today’s funny …

A drunk guy had a bit too much to drink. Walking into a courthouse he yell’s “All lawyers are sneaky thieves.” A man stands up and says “Hey,don’t talk like that to me!” The drunk shouts back “Why, you’re a lawyer?” “No”, says the man “I’m a sneaky thief.”

No comments:

Post a Comment