Thursday 15 May 2014

A bad night, more editing and more NHS problems



15 May

Our lass Lynda has her birthday today. Gentlemen do not mention a ladies age come birthday time; however, I’m no gentleman – but I’m still not saying, simply cos I don’t know ;-)))  Anyway, happy birthday Lynda.

Yesterday we went out shopping and by the time we got home I was just too tired to sit and write me blog, that’s why there wasn’t one yesterday. Why I was so tired I don’t know. I seemed to have had a good night so it’s a tad strange really. Ah well … … … err hang on, I do remember now. We didn’t actually get settles till nearly 1.30am yesterday morning …

Jan had gone out to her bible study group and sat here editing my hard copy of Shipshape. Around 9.30 I heard a really loud bang in the flat upstairs. About 45 minutes later I could someone calling out. It took me sometime to hear it properly; it was Mark, the tenant up there, and he was calling for help. It seems he had a fall and that was the loud bang I heard. I went upstairs and found him lying up against to the front door but couldn’t get in past him. So I came back down here and called for an ambulance, which was about 10.15.

I called again at around 10.40 and it was about 11.05 that the paramedic arrived.    
Now, Mark is a very large man all over, so the medic called in for some back up, two more crews with a bariatric stretcher if one was available. I watched as the second crew arrived, a man of small stature, well into his 50’s and a woman who was even smaller than the man. Considering what the medic had called for I thought it was a bit daft to send such a small-sized team to help out. By the time it was all sorted we were able to settle around 1.30, as I said.

So last night on Midlands Today, there was a piece on about West Midlands Ambulance being fined over £2 million for not meeting its target. After last night I’m not surprised. However, that is not the end of it for Mark …

It is well known that Mark is a major drug dealer here in Dorktown. A couple of weeks ago we were out when the cops raided his flat and he was arrested and a large bag of what we thought was drugs, was removed from the flat. A short time later Mark was badly beaten up by someone. Last night we heard the front door up there going in again. Just after that the lass lives opposite him phoned us to say that she looked out of her peep-hole and saw two men in masks coming out and running off. Mark is in hospital right now so of they were after him, they were out of luck.

The council are having Mark evicted at long last. He’s had enough warnings over the why he was living up there so I don’t have any sympathy over it. But in reality we both like Mark. He’s always been a nice, polite and apologetic when we’ve had any contact with him, even when there was nothing to apologise for. But being a drug dealer has caused a lot of hassle in the block and the lass opposite him has been really frightened by it all. It will soon be over though; however, we have no idea as to what sort of person moves in after him.        

The new lens arrived OK on Tuesday and I’ve used it a couple of times while sat in my armchair. So far it looks very good and I’m well pleased with it. Depending on weather I shall have a day out on Sunday to give it a good go and see how I really get on with it.

Today’s photo then … 

Jan in pixel packing mode.

And today’s funny …

A rabbit went to the fortune-teller, “what do you see in my future?” asked the rabbit. “Very soon,” replied the fortune-teller, “you will meet a pretty young girl who will want to know everything about you.” “That’s great!” said the rabbit, hopping up and down. “But when will I meet her?” “Next week in science class,” said the fortune-teller.

No comments:

Post a Comment