Saturday 10 May 2014

Flutterbys, A day out and bloody knackered



10 June

We took Kile down to the butterfly farm in Stratford on Avon today and we have all got some pretty good photos. It was so bloomin hot in the flying area I was sweating well in just a couple of minutes. Some of the shots I though, were well worth it.

Jan has suggested that I have a day off out by myself. Seeing as it has been some time since I have had one, then she is right, it is time I have one. Now I just have to decide where and when I will be going. That will come to me soon enough.

Today’s local Telegraph has a story of what they claim is the most dangerous pedestrian crossing in the Britain is on London Road in Coventry. The figures for this have come from the police, so they should be accurate. But I wonder why any one crossing should be more dangerous than any another? I do know that particular crossing, but from memory I just can’t see why it is causing so many problems.      

Anyway, it’s 18:30hrs now and I’m pretty knackered; so this will be a sort one for today. So here’s today’s history lesson then … 10 May 1857 saw the start of the Indian Mutiny when the Sepoys rebelled against British rule.

Today’s photo … 

A man sits, waits and keeps watch.

Funny time …

 A woman walked into the pet shop and told the owner she needed a rat and a couple of cockroaches. “What do you need them for?” “Because,” said the woman, “I’m moving and my lease says that when I move out I must leave the place in the same condition as I found it!”

No comments:

Post a Comment