Sunday 11 August 2013

Sunday at home



11 August 2013

The last two days I've been feeling pretty rotten with yesterday being the worst of it.  Just feeling feverish, upset tummy and feeling sicky, and very tired indeed.  At one point I thought I had a dose of flu coming on.  This morning I got feeling a lot better but still a tad tired.  Anyway, I've a lot to do one or t'ther today so I just have to get on with it. 

We've been watching that Sun, Sea and A&E on telly.  Jan loves these medical shows and I'll watch them as well.  I do get a bit upset with it that one though.  There was a guy taken in to A&E in one of them today.  He had dived into the hotel pool, banged his head on the floor of the pool and broke his neck.  He was explaining what had happened and admitted that there was a sign on the wall saying, "NO DIVING".  And think of all those stupid drunks who punch those silly balls and each other!  It's no wonder travel insurance costs so much and we Brits have a reputation of being lager louts!!!    

I'll keep this one short for today I think, so here's shot of one the floral displays in town ...


And today's funny is pretty appropriate for Sunday ...

Three boys are in the school yard bragging about their fathers.
The first boy says, 'My Dad scribbles a few words on a piece of paper, he calls it a poem, they give him $50.'
The second boy says, 'That's nothing. My Dad scribbles a few words on piece of paper, he calls it a song, they give him $100.'
The third boy says, 'I got you both beat. My Dad scribbles a few words on a piece of paper, he calls it a sermon, and it takes eight people to collect all the money!'

No comments:

Post a Comment