Sunday 4 August 2013

A day out, the Yorhiresshir Dales and being tired



4 August 2013

We went off on our travels again yesterday.  We were up at 6.30 and set off for Darlington to have a look at the market.  We won't be going back!  It's been quite some years since we last went there and we expected some changes but even so, there was a lot of them.  Besides which, the cobbled streets are a nightmare when we are on our scooters. 

Jan comes from Richmond so after Darlington we headed off there.  Saturday is market day but we were surprised that the market has shrunk so much.  After a quick walk around we left and headed off along Reeth Road.  A quick stop at Round Howe to look for dippers in the River Swale and we off again.  The Yorkshire Dales are renowned for their rugged beauty and even though Jan comes from Richmond we were on a road that even she didn't know.  But the hills and valleys we spectacular.  I do have photos but they're not ready yet, but I will be posting some of them later. 

Eventually we arrived home via the M6 and A5, at around 9.30(ish), tired but happy with another good day out behind us.  Now we just need get over it.  I slept like a log last night but even so I'm still feeling tired.  One of our Neighbours said I looked 'bloody awful' this morning.  I suppose I did really.  It's normally a couple of days before I'm back to normal - being just awful ;-)))

Currently I'm reading Steven King's On Writing; and I'm enjoying it too.  I've always liked his books so perhaps I should really be surprised by that but I am surprised at some of the things he says about writing.  He doesn't 'plot' he claims; he doesn't give long descriptions to place and people, wanting the reader to supply their own version of events.  He claims to be constantly surprised by what his characters get up to.  I'm rather pleased by what he says cos my writing tends to follow these ideas, even before I read this book!  One thing he does say, and often is to read, read, and read and to write, write and write.  The more of both you do, the more you will learn about writing.  Sound advise methinks!

So I'm afraid that today's photo is this one ... 

a tiny alleyway in Dartmouth.

And let's see ... ah yes ...

Mum cleaning her 12 year old sons bedroom finds loads of serious bondage gear and fetish magazines. She asks her husband '' What should I do? ''
Hubby says '' I'm not sure, but I wouldn't spank him ''         

No comments:

Post a Comment