Friday 2 August 2013

Monkey bussiness, real ale and a duff printer



2 August 2013

Yesterday was not a day to stay in home.  Jan went off on her scooter to see Kile and I went off into town to do a bit of shopping and to look at printers.  That Epson Trish sent up here won't work.  The side tanks are about half full but the tubes are empty and look dried out.  It's a shame that, because if I could manage to get it working it would be very useful.  Jan is at hospital later today so maybe we'll go over to PC World and have a look at what they have on offer. 

While I was out I called into the Crown for pint.  The pump-clip bucket was passed over so I could go through them and snap the ones I haven't already got.  I ended up with another 100+ of them.  OK, fine; but yesterday one of the customers began asking questions as to why I was taking the photos.  He claimed that the landlord didn't like it cos it was 'photocopying' ... deeeeerrrrr ...  Some folks are just not with it are they?  As it is the landlord knows about it but hasn't said anything to me about it.  So that's it as far as I am concerned.

Have you heard of Twycross Zoo?  Well, it's about 7 or 8 miles from us here in Dorktown.  They had a bit of a problem there according to today's News.  A group of chimpanzees were being moved from one part of the zoo to another when managed to get out somewhere or other.  The zoo closed down while the chimps were encouraged back into their original enclosure.   They claim the public were not in any danger.  But I wonder ... the article is a bit ambiguous to my mind.  The chimp who 'escaped' didn't actually escape into the public's side of the zoo, but from one part of the enclosure to another.  I really don't see an why they had to close the zoo, I really don't.

A photo of Welsh mountains today ...               

Today's one liner ...

When a woman steals your husband, there is no better revenge than to let her keep him.

No comments:

Post a Comment