Monday 5 August 2013



5 August 2013

The BEEB is down to its usual poor weather forecast again.  According to the forecast on the news at 6.30 yesterday, just about the whole of England was supposed to get rain and heavy storms.  Right now we have sunny shine right now.  But do you know what annoys me most over it?  It's the waste of the telly licence fee.  I think it was £145 the last time I looked at it.  Such a waste of dosh!

The problems with people in the flat above us is still ongoing.  We are not allowed to have dogs in this block unless you already have one when you move in.  You're not allowed to replace the dog if it dies.  Well, there's now three dogs in there and they were kicking up again at around 3am.  I didn't hear it but Jan did.  She is on sleeping pills because of a major problem up there a few weeks ago and the noise is enough to wake her even with the pills.  A complaint has been lodge, not that I have any faith in anything being done over it.  One of the other residents has been keeping a diary for the last 16 months and they still haven't done anything.  That lass, I'll call her Jenny for now, is seeing drugs deal going on a regular basis.  The other day Jan arrived home to the hallway stinking of cannabis smoke.  It's not on!  The council knows about it yet won't do anything about it.  I'm wondering what needs to happen before they take any sort of positive action, warnings don't seem to be having effect at all.

My muse seems to be having yet another day off!  I've just been sat here staring at the monitor wondering what I should say next ... and this is all I can come up with.  Typos are happening with just about every other word too.  A short one is called for then!

A photo from Saturday ... 

a look back along part of the valley we had driven up over the Dales.

A two liner today ...

First guy says, 'My wife's an angel!'
Second guy remarks, 'You're lucky, mine's still alive.'     

No comments:

Post a Comment