Monday 4 February 2013

The Hussy, the workers are late again and a senior moment!



4 February 2013

Up early yet again today and now sat waiting for the workers to arrive to finish off our shower.  The major reason we can't use it right now is that the drainage pump is not working.  It seems that they would have had to dig out the older drainage pipes to some depth if it wasn't for the pump, a much cheaper and 'quicker' method we are told.  Right now we are sick of early mornings for nothing.  It's time it was finished now.

Saturday we went into town for an hour or two.  It was quite busy really, normal for a Saturday mind.  I did get a few photos but nothing spectacular.  In fact at one time every shot to got was very much over-exposed.  More annoying was that I couldn't work out how to stop it happening.  It took me ages to work how to do that simple task.  Basically I had another very senior moment.  I gave up at that point and headed for the Anchor for a pint; ah well ... ... ...

Two items of interest in today's News; one being the on-going saga of what is happening at the Hussy.  Front page story too!  Now it's claimed that the children's ward, Catrina Ward is to remain open for the time being.  They will make up their minds one day!  There's still a lot of money being spent on the Hussy over all yet there's all this talk of transferring services or closing them altogether.  Someone needs a kick up the backside to sort it out! 

The second item is the on-going saga of the street light switch off here abouts.  It seems that there has been another mistake made.  The other night I got and looked out and all our street lights were still on; yet we live in a side street and should have been one of those involved in the switch off.  But then I read a letter about when the council tried this silly game in 1958.  The whole thing was cancelled when there was a huge rise in recorded crime in the area.  In one incident a safe was removed from the cinema in Chapel End and later found open and empty in a play area not for away.  See, nowt new is there?

Not so long ago I bought four paperback books.  One of them is by Matthew Reilly called Ice Station.  It's about a small USMC Recon unit sent into an American Antarctic research station where something has been found that even fellow NATO nations want and are willing to kill for.  It's not a bad story at all but it is so fast paced I sometimes get a bit breathless just reading it.  It's all action, and I do mean all action!  I have 60 pages left to go before Scarecrow wins the final battle and saves the world.  He doesn't get the girl though; she is just a 12 year old and even her step-mum is against the goodies. 

As for getting any writing done - a no go area I'm afraid.  I just can't concentrate what with the pain in my right arm and the workers coming and going.  I'll see if I can some done later today - it would make a change eh ;-)))

Today's photo then ... 

This is an old shot I got one time when we drove along the A5 in North Wales.  One day I shall be going back up there and try to do better than this.      

Today's funny ...   
An attractive young lady walks over to a man at a party and says "Hi,I'm Carmen".
The man replies "That's a lovely name, it sounds very exotic, is it a family name?"
"No" she replies. "I made it up for myself. It represents the two things I like most - cars and men".
"Oh,I see, very interesting", said the man.
"What's your name then" she asked. He replied
"B J Titsangolf". 

No comments:

Post a Comment