Sunday 10 February 2013

Sunday's, horsemeat and fox attacks



10 February 2013

Sunday again; Jan's gone to church and then is off shopping as well as taking Kile's step-sister Vicky home this afternoon.  She lives about three miles from Kile and with it raining heavily at the moment I don't think she would have been happy to walk up there with her dad.  And while all that has been going on I have been playing about on me 'puter - far too wet to go out with the camera or birding.

The horsemeat scandal is growing by the day it seems.  I'm not all that worried really because if we have already eaten it there's nowt we can do about it anyway.  But there was mention again today about 'bute' - whatever that is.  Anyone know what it is and if it can harm humans?  It all seems to coming from eastern Europe now.  I wonder if they will ever get those responsible for it?  I have my doubts.

And foxes are in the news again today.  Yet another attack on a child by an urban fox.  That's yet another difficult problem to deal with.  Foxes are wild animals and will always be on the lookout for food.  The amount of food waste we throw out is what has attracted them to our towns and cities in the first place.  That throw away has increased in amount for years and so the fox has no reason to return to the countryside to look for food.  A cull has been suggested and I can see a huge backlash over that one.  But what else can be done to restrict urban fox numbers?  

Another photo from Friday ... 

two jackdaws.

And today's funny ...

The police just came to my house claiming my dog had chased someone on a bike. I told them they must be mistaken, my dog doesn't have a bike.      

No comments:

Post a Comment