Friday 22 February 2013

'ere be dragons, another store closes and council tax set



22 February 2013

Last night was a bit of a wash out for both of us.  Jan had to go to A&E over her stoma.  She sat there for five hours waiting to see a doctor.  The on-call surgeon was called to see her and he wasn't concerned by how the stoma was and she finally got home around 11pm.  All that time Jan hadn't had anything to eat or drink and by the time she had a cuppa she was shattered and we were in bed soon after.

My night began with getting a numb bum sat on chairs at the A&E.  Jan suggested I go off and come back for her when she calls me - she knows well enough that I don't coupe with sitting around in hospitals.  So I drove into town heading for the Felix Holt ready for a coffee.  I parked outside a pizza take away and they came shouting and raving about it.  I don't react well when that happens either.  Honestly, I was polite when I responded but basically it was to tell them to get over it as walked off to the bank to get some cash.  On the way back they started again so I challenged them to call the cops if they weren't happy and that I would be sitting in the Felix Holt if they wanted to speak to me.  I saw no coppers arriving so that was that.  But I could have done without.

Dorktown council tax the coming year has been set and it's been frozen.  Of course the Tory opposition claim they could have set a budget that would have reduced the bill, not frozen it.  It's easy to say things like that when you don't have to set the bill.  But thing back a few years ago when they did control the council I don't remember them reducing the council that year!  I wonder why?

Dorktown's HMV store will be closing in around a month.  Yet another large store will be closed.  However, this one is in the so-called prestigious Ropewalk shopping mall.  Not only that but it also occupies the ground floor space under the old JB Sports store.  Oh dear, that will mean that there are now four or five units unoccupied in the Ropewalk.  So I wonder if the town centre really needs a new large shopping complex?  Something to think about ... ... ...

So then, let's find a photo ... 

The Dragon on a wall in London's China Town.          

And today's funny is another short one ...

I bought some Armageddon cheese today, and it said on the packet. 'Best before End'

No comments:

Post a Comment