Monday 10 February 2014

USB sticks, scifi books and cathcing up slowly



10 February

We got to a blue sky and bright sunshine. Didn't last long though; about an hour ago it clouded over, the temperature dropped and the rain started.  What a change to have some rain eh? It must be at least a few hours since we last had some! We don't need to go out today though. There's a few things we need but we can managed without them.

At long last we have started our own read of last year's NANO effort. Jan is sat going through it now. What that means is that I can crack on and do some to my new Fred Copper story. Before that however, I've had to fire up my notebook and try to get a copy of the folders on the USB stick I have it stored on. My lappy is not recognising the stick and it has been causing a few problems for some time now. Anyway ...

I have moved a copy of the folders in the first stick to s second one, which shows me that there is nothing actually wrong with first stick. Once it was done I opened up the Copper file and saw that the last time it had been opened was on 4 September last year! No wonder I'm struggling to remember what I had written before. I do have 39 pages of double spaced hand written story to add to the main file, and that is what I shall be doing this afternoon after I've done all my other bits n bobs.

Years ago I read a paperback scifi book which was basically about a radiation leak at Sellafield. It all kicks off with a photographer who wants to print a couple of new photos. She he removes the printing paper and does his prints - only to find that there are large round marks on the paper. The marks are the same size of the tines of baked beans he had removed from the pack of papers. It wasn't a particularly large book and I wouldn't mind having a go at it again but I can't remember either the writer or its title. Sad that eh? Another series I wouldn't mind having a go at again are Perry Rhodan stories which I can't seem to find anywhere. Again they scifi, which a long time ago was all I used to read. Never mind ... ... ...

There's no puzzle about today's photo though ... 



The only snowdrops we have seen so far this year.

And once more the Sage has spoken ...     

I have been in many places, but I've never been in Kahoots.  Apparently you can't go alone, you have to be in Kahoots with someone.  I've also never been in Cognito.  I hear no one recognises you there.  I have, however, been in Sane.  They don't have an airport;  you have to be driven there.  I have made several trips there, thanks to my children, friends, family and work.
I would like to go to Conclusions, but you  have to jump, and I'm not too much on physical activity anymore. I have also been in Doubt.  That is a sad place to go and I try not to visit there too often.  I've been in Flexible, but only when it was very important to stand firm.  Sometimes, I'm in Capable and I go there more often as I'm getting older.  One of my favourite places to be is in Suspense!  It really gets the adrenalin flowing and pumps up the old heart!  At my age I need all the stimuli I can get!  I may have been in Continent but I don't remember what country I was in.  It's an age thing,  They tell me it is very wet and damp there.    

No comments:

Post a Comment