Sunday 9 February 2014

The party, 50 years of marriage and the Olympics



9 February

The party went off well last night and we ended up getting back home nearly 11 o'clock. Kile went to bed and 20 minutes later when we went through he was fast on. I'm not surprised though; he got in with the rest of kids and did nothing but run around either chasing or being chased a couple of girls his age. He wasn't too happy though when they somehow found that he was very ticklish ... now I wonder who told them that ;-)))

Fifty years of marriage, there are still a few getting to that mile stone but I can see it getting fewer and fewer as the years go by. Marriages seem to cave in far too easily these days, and far too quickly as well. I was reading the other week about those gay partnerships that were going on a few years ago, they too are starting to break up after a short time. Gay marriage will go the same way as well I think. 

This morning we have sat and watched the opening of the Olympics in Sochi. We were impressed by it. I pointed out to Jan that the UK could never hope to hold the winter games simply because we don't get enough snow. It then struck me that the idea of the Winter Olympics may be living on borrowed time. Climate around the world is clearly changing. Before too long there will be fewer and fewer countries that will be able to hold them because of a lock of snow and ice. That will be a great shame.

According to the weather forecast on my tablet we are due for a smattering of snow on Friday. With that in mind then ... 

A shot of where I used to walk Cindy-pup every day.

Today's funny is actually from Kile - and a real groaner it is too ...

Why can't Artic foxes eat penguins?
Cos they can't open the wrapper.    

No comments:

Post a Comment