Thursday 13 February 2014

Music to suite the weather, love is all around and Shipshape



13 February

Today we have wall to wall sunshine and it's really good to see. I'm reminded of the ELO song Mr Bluesky. Yes, I'm showing my age again. I seem to remember hearing it a lot while in Tynemouth when our battalion was doing cover for the 1977 fireman's strike. Another album that came out at that was The Hank Marvin Guitar Syndicate. I have copies of both here, both get played regular, along with War of the Worlds.

This evening we are going out to a Valentine's do at the complex that our flat is part of. It's part of a rolling Thursday social event the is organised for the complex residents by the staff. That's why it's today and not tomorrow. We've not actually done anything for Valentine's Day before Day before, so this will be new. We're getting a bit adventurous it seems, what with a party last Saturday and now an evening out tonight. Whatever next I wonder ... ... ...

Jan finished reading the draft of my NANO effort and gave it a title seeing as I couldn't think of one. She has come up with Shipshape. It's a good one too so I'm going with it. The only one I could of was Hearts of Oak on the Rolling Waves. So thanks Jan, that's helped a lot and a lot better than mine. Now it's my turn to go through the print out and see if I can find any more errors. Once that is done I have to decided whether to go with CreateSpace again or change to Lulu.  I have a week or so to decide so we'll see later.

We are due to have Kile tomorrow but we will see how he feels. The weather isn't very promising at all so we won't be getting any birding done. He has that last few times he's been here got very bored here. After all, he's only got us two here and there's no kids his age anywhere around here. We shall see tomorrow when Jan ask him what he wants to do.

Today's photo then ... 

Upper Precinct off Broadgate, Coventry.

No funny today seeing as my source is kicking up, but I found this in my father-in-laws wee note book. It fits in well for us writers methinks  ...

A famous novelist does his hardest work before breakfast. So do we all - it's called 'getting up'.

No comments:

Post a Comment