Thursday 6 February 2014

RSPB, 24 keepers and Jan's foot



6 February

Yesterday Jan went off to Coventry to see our son Tom. from there she headed to Tesco Arena for a bit of shopping and as she was getting out of the car the wind blew the car door onto her right foot. Now she has it strapped up and is keeping off it. It's been a long time since she managed to do anything like this and we are hoping it will be OK for Saturday, we're due to go to a 50th wedding anniversary party. We've been looking forward to it since we went off to it weeks ago, only to find we had got the date wrong ;-)))

I got the photos from Tuesday sorted and I had forgotten I had some from last week on the card too. I'd forgotten about those. Anyway, 133 shots uploaded to the 'puter, out of which I got 24 keepers plus 2 new real ale clips too. I suppose there are a lot of more keepers among the snipe photos but I can live with the 24 I've kept. And talking about birds ...

The other week I answered the phone to hear a young man saying he was calling for the RSPB. He was asking for me to increase our monthly contribution to £10 a month. I said 'no' explaining that we are also member of the BTO, Warwickshire Wildlife Trust, Norfolk Wildlife Trust, Wetlands Trust and thought we were doing enough. He eventually talked me into increasing out support to £7.5o though. Then he told me he was employed by a sales company. If I had known that from the start I wouldn't have agreed at all! If RSPB can afford to employ and company to do its fundraising then  it hardly needs the funds to start with.

We can hear the Bumper in the flat upstairs again today. The Bumper is a preschool child and is running all over the place. We don't have a problem with it all. If it was still going on late at night we would have something say. At coming on midnight last night the main door to the flats was slammed followed for motor bike starting up and riding off. I hope that doesn't become a regular happening. They did start running baths just after midnight one time. That along with them playing with dog was a problem. Jan spoke to them and it stopped straight away. Thing is, we've never heard the bath being run since then.

So then ... here's today's photo ... 

A snipe sitting nicely only 10' away from the Island Hide at Titchwell.

And today's funny ...

My girlfriend says that a small penis won’t affect our relationship.
Whether she's right or not, I'd prefer it if she didn't have one at all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment