Saturday 8 February 2014

Facebook, shopping and The Times





8 February

Saturday today, I'm sure you all don't need reminding of that, but there yer go, I have. We are all sat here, my on me 'puter, Jan and Kile on the Wii, while we wait to start to get ready to go out this evening. I have however, already made on a start on the booze by having a pint in the Anker after shopping at Morrisons in Hinckley. It's easier to get to than Asda in Dorktown and to m y surprise I found it cheaper today too.

While there I bought The Times because it has a poster of the Mona Lisa in it. But when I got to the Anker I couldn't find it. I was disappointed and a flick through the pages I found a lot of articles to read. The paper is so big though that I won't finish it until tomorrow some time. As I unloaded I found the magazine had slipped out of the paper, and the poster was in that. On the flip side of the poster there's another one, Matisse, Icarus. Now which one do I pin to the wall?  

Sadly I have joined the long list of fb users who has come to the attention of a troll because I shared a photo shared by one my fb friends. Being called a paedo because I have not done what that person wants me to do is not very pleasant at all. If she continues I shall report it. It won't stop me using fb of course, why should I stop because an immature moron? No, i shouldn't do so nor will I!

Being Saturday of course means that there is an anniversary in the Dorktown Telegraph. This week we travel back to the beheading of Mary Queen of Scots for being involved in a plot to usurp QEI. I've seen her death mask in Peterborough Cathedral and I have to say I thought she was a rather attractive lady physically. I couldn't put up with the Papist crap though.

I can't provide a photo of Peterborough Cathedral but I do have this ... 

Kings College, Cambridge. Well, it is the same county at least ;-)))



Today's funny come from my normal on-line source ...

 A bloke's wife goes missing while diving off the West Australian Coast He reports the event, searches fruitlessly and spends a terrible night wondering what could have happened to her. Next morning there's a knock at the door and he is confronted by a couple of policemen, the old Sarge and a younger Constable. The Sarge says, 'Mate, we have some news for you, unfortunately some really bad news, but, some good news, and maybe some more good news'. 'Well,' says the bloke, 'I guess I'd better have the bad news first?' The Sarge says, 'I'm really sorry mate, but your wife is dead. Young Bill here found her lying at about five fathoms in a little cleft in the reef. He got a line around her and we pulled her up, but she was dead.' The bloke is naturally distressed to hear of this and has a bit of a turn. But after a few minutes he pulls himself together and asks what the good news is. The Sarge says, 'Well when we got your wife up there were quite a few really good sized lobsters and a swag of nice crabs attached to her, so we've brought you your share.' He hands the bloke a bag with a couple of nice lobsters and four or five crabs in it. 'Geez thanks. They're bloody beauties. I guess it's an ill wind and all that... So what's the other possible good news? 'Well', the Sarge says, 'if you fancy a quick trip, me and young Bill here get off duty at around 11 o'clock and we're gonna shoot over there and pull her up again!    

No comments:

Post a Comment