Wednesday 5 February 2014

Shamed, a good day though and a story idea



5 February

Oh dear ... I am very embarrassed because of that extract I posted the other day. Jan read it and pointed out a number of errors. If you have found any please let me know where on ronclark5329@googlemail.com  I really would be grateful.

Now then, yesterday ... We had a terrific day folks. We were up at 7am and on our way just after 8am. Our usual Little Chef stopping place has been closed down now so we stopped at one a short way ahead. A mug of tea and two slices of toast later, off we went again. Up to that point we had seen very few birds of any sort. Not far from Peterborough though we saw a red kite off to the left and that unblocked things for us. By the time we got back to Hunstanton we had recorded 57 species, 24 of which were added to the year list. The weather was really good to us too and the rain held off until just before we arrived home. So we really did have good day all-round yesterday. On top of that there's 133 photos too.

The Old Marine in Hunstanton is a pub we usually stop at for meal and a pint or two. We've always been happy with both meal and ale in there. There does seem to be a regular turn over of staff there and yesterday was no exception. The bar was manned by a young man who obviously gay from his voice and mannerisms. Don't misunderstand me, I don't have any problems with any people. Well, apart from one who tried his hardest to split up Jan and me so he  could get me to go and live with him - even to point of telling Jan that if she gets tired of me to pass me on to him ... no chance though! It is that sort of behaviour that puts most people off gays. Anyway ...

The barman was speaking to another customer and I over heard him say, 'I just don't understand it. How can they do ...', well, I didn't hear any more. But it did bring a story line into focus and a note has been made ready for working through later.

The photos from yesterday haven't been sorted yet so I'm having to go find one - so how about ... 

A hybrid duck, probably a mallard hybrid.

And the sage has spoken words of wisdom ...

  LOVE......has no boundaries.
An elderly couple had just learned how to send text messages on their mobile
phones. The wife was a romantic type and the husband was more of a
no-nonsense guy.
One afternoon the wife went out to meet a friend for coffee. She decides
to send her husband a romantic text message and wrote:
"If you are sleeping, send me your dreams. If you are laughing, send me
your smile. If you are eating, send me a bite. If you are drinking, send me
a sip. If you are crying, send me your tears. I love you."
The husband texted back to her:
"I'm on the toilet. Please advise."          

No comments:

Post a Comment