Friday 14 February 2014

Birding, rugby and never ending roadworks



14 February

The plan for tomorrow was for me to go into town with me camera for a few and then for us to take Kile birding on Sunday. Well, that is now out of the window cos Kile has to be home on Sunday morning so he can go to a rugby match with his step dad. That's OK of course, he's looking forward to it. It now means that Jan and I will go off birding together instead. Where though I'm not sure. We've fancied Slimbridge but we will need to check the flooding first. That might be a good idea all round actually.

The Valentine thingy didn't happen for us. After going shopping I became very tired and feverish and Jan had a really bad headache come on. I've noticed that quite a few times over the last few weeks that I've felt pretty rotten and feverish after going down town. Something I need to keep an eye on me thinks. A couple of weeks ago I had a blood test done to test my thyroid function and I called the GP yesterday about it. It has come back as normal. One less thing to worry about!

One of the items on my to do list yesterday was to drive up to Weddington Fields to photograph the floods there. I was surprised that aren't any. Not only that, the stream round the corner isn't very high either. At Asda the River Anker runs alongside the car park and even that isn't all that high. So yet again Dorktown seems to be getting away with the most serious effects of the weather. I have always wanted to live at the coast, down the south or in the south west. But having seen what is happening down that way right now, I'm very pleased we are staying put.

Today's photo then is of Trinity Street ... 

It seems to me that there are road works going on there every time I go over. No idea what all that lot is about now.

And a funny ...

Little Billy asks his dad for a telly in his room. Dad reluctantly agrees.
Next day Billy comes downstairs and asks, 'Dad, what's love juice?'
Dad looks horrified and tells Billy all about sex.
Billy just sat there with his mouth open in amazement.
Dad says, 'So what were you watching?'
Billy says.......... ' Wimbledon .'

No comments:

Post a Comment