Tuesday 21 May 2013

Busy, sharks and a murder trial



21 May 2013

We were late up this morning with Jan shaking me at 9.50; we must have needed it though.  That isn't the latest though.  In the early 80s I was working at Courtalds in Coventry.  We worked an 8 hour shift there and I was due in at 6am.  Jan shook me awake at 9 o'clock and asked if I was supposed to be at work that day.  She ended with, "Well, you're 3 hours late then."  My reply was, "Sod it!  I'll be 8 hours today then!" and promptly fell back asleep.  Anyway ...
For the next few days we have nothing on.  That makes a nice change; the only delivery we're due this week is on Thursday which is out normal medications for the month.  We'll make up for it though later when we get busy over the weekend.  Should be a good weekend too.  We're both looking forward to it.

My writing has come to a stop again and this time it's because we are both so busy.  I'm wanting to get out and get my hair cut at some time today too.  Maybe after that I shall be able to get few words done.         

I've just found another job we have to do.  Being a short shanks I need my trousers turned up even when we buy 29" inside leg trousers.  I've just found four pairs of trouser that we both keep forgetting about.  Later today I shall try them on and Jan will mark them to where they need turning up to.  She's very good at sewing and really knows what she's doing.  Good job that cos if I tried to do it I'd make a real mess of it ;-)))

January last year the body of a woman was found in the boot of her here in Dorktown.  The trial of her boyfriend is now finally due to start.  He's trying to make out he was mentally ill at the time he killed her.  Of course some cynical people might say that he was so mentally ill he knew what he was doing that it caused him to try to hide the body in her own car.  The couple were living together but she was expecting him to move out at some time soon in the New Year.  He was seen looking at her earlier that night and the looks were not friendly.  The jury is being asked first of all to decided if the man was mentally ill at the time of the killing.  Of course. he's pleading not guilty to murder but also to manslaughter as well.  An interesting idea that, maybe a story in there somewhere.

Yesterday I got my photos sorted after my Sunday jaunt in London.  However, when I came to sort then there were a number of shots from here in Dorktown too.  Here's one of them ... 

a close up shot of Jan's orchid.  Nice flower that.

According to the Sage it might be dangerous to go swimming in the waters off Australia - and not just because of a shark attack ...

A bloke's wife goes missing while diving off the West Australian Coast
He reports the event, searches fruitlessly and spends a terrible night wondering what could have happened to her.
Next morning there's a knock at the door and he is confronted by a couple of policemen, the old Sarge and a younger Constable.
The Sarge says, 'Mate, we have some news for you, unfortunately some really bad news, but, some good news, and maybe some more good news'.
'Well,' says the bloke, 'I guess I'd better have the bad news first?'
The Sarge says, 'I'm really sorry mate, but your wife is dead.
Young Bill here found her lying at about five fathoms in a little cleft in the reef. He got a line around her and we pulled her up, but she was dead.'
The bloke is naturally distressed to hear of this and has a bit of a turn.
But after a few minutes he pulls himself together and asks what the good news is.
The Sarge says, 'Well when we got your wife up there were quite a few really good sized lobsters and a swag of nice crabs attached to her, so we've brought you your share.'
He hands the bloke a bag with a couple of nice lobsters and four or five crabs in it.
'Geez thanks. They're bloody beauties. I guess it's an ill wind and all that...
So what's the other possible good news?
'Well', the Sarge says, 'if you fancy a quick trip, me and young Bill here get off duty at around 11 o'clock and we're gonna shoot over there and pull her up again!

No comments:

Post a Comment