Saturday 4 May 2013

Greens, pills and a nice pint



4 May 2013
Saturday morning and I start a new weekly card of medications.  When we moved pharmacist a few years ago we I asked for my pills to be put into bottles for me.  They suggested trying to use a card system used in care homes.  Basically it's a card backed blister pack that holds a week's worth of pills at a time.  I've found it to be pretty good - but I wonder ... it does mean that you have a regular day, week and month counter.  Could it possibly be why I feel so down some days?  Who knows ... ... ...
"Play up Sky Blues ...", a line from the Sky Blues song sung to the Eton Boat Song tune.  Well, the Sky Blues, or Coventry City FC seem to be living up to words of their song; they are 'play[ing] up' to the media.  City are saying they looking for a venue to play their games next fo

4 May 2013

Saturday morning and I start a new weekly card of medications.  When we moved pharmacist a few years ago we I asked for my pills to be put into bottles for me.  They suggested trying to use a card system used in care homes.  Basically it's a card backed blister pack that holds a week's worth of pills at a time.  I've found it to be pretty good - but I wonder ... it does mean that you have a regular day, week and month counter.  Could it possibly be why I feel so down some days?  Who knows ... ... ...

"Play up Sky Blues ...", a line from the Sky Blues song sung to the Eton Boat Song tune.  Well, the Sky Blues, or Coventry City FC seem to be living up to words of their song; they are 'play[ing] up' to the media.  City are saying they looking for a venue to play their games next footy session.  The Ricoh Area bosses are saying that the doors are open for them whenever they are ready to start the season.  The fans are saying that if City play anywhere else but the Ricoh they won't be supporting them.  What a bloody mess! 

On the way home from Attenborough on Thursday we used the local A-class road instead of the MI/M69.  We were both a tad thirsty so we stopped at a pub called the Horse Shoes at a place called Breedon.  It's a nice old pub and the pint of Narrow Boat I had was really good.  Alongside the pub they do a side line in chocolates - expensive chocolate!  A small box of just six pieces was £5.99 - ouch!  But there was a decent selection of others. all dark chocolate which I love.  So I bought three sorts for £10; a bar of sour cherry which I haven't tried yet, a bag of peppermint, very nice too, a supposed award winning chilli and line - superb!  No wonder it won an award.

The biggest shock of the election here in Warwickshire was that Green Candidate Keith Kondakor beat the county council leader and took the seat.  That must have really hurt the Tories.  Kondakor claims that the reason for his win was simple down to the Tories lack of interest and support for the fight of Weddington people to prevent building on green filed sites around the ward.  Whatever the reason I think that the council will have to think hard about what it does next seeing as the council in a now council.  What a pity that it takes a result like this to make them take notice of the electors.    

Saturday again so it's another date to remember ... we go back to1471 today when the Yorky Duffs beat the Lancashire Hot-pots at the Battle of Tewksbury during the War of the Roses.         

For today's photo I'm going back a bit ... 

Olga, by Picasso.  Yes, I may have posted it before but this one cause a lot of confusion for art historians because he painted this while he was still doing other cubist stuff.  Was an insult because he painted what he saw as an old fashioned type of painting; or was it out of love because he really love Olga?  Who know?  He didn't say, and I love it. Oh yes, I should say that this is scanned image from The Essential Picasso that I had years ago.

Funny time ...
  
The wife has been missing a week now.  Police said to prepare for the worst.  So I have been to the charity shop to get all her clothes back.


No comments:

Post a Comment