Monday 20 May 2013

Camera Fair, Skaters and a word from the Sage



20 May 2013

I have looked forward to going to Photographica for years now and yesterday I finally made it - and it was nightmare!  I had to use my scooter to get around of course but with the crowds it was slow going and I had to keep a watch on where I was and what I was doing as well as doing the same for the everyone else there.  They all seemed far more interested in what they were doing to think about anyone else, whoever they were.  I saw people being pushed or forced out of the way so that the pusher could get at what he wanted.  As for looking for anyone using a scooter - forget it. 

More than once someone walk straight in front of me from right beside me, giving me and evil look as if I shouldn't have been there.  The overwhelming feeling I got was that disabled photographers were not at all welcome there.  Only one person actually stopped to talk to me properly. 

Add to that an announcement for everyone to keep an eye on their valuables because five reports of theft or attempted threats had taken place already.  Even one stall holder had a notice asking that if you were interested in any item to ask for it to be handed to him and not to pick it off the shelves - all down to thefts at earlier fairs.  Top and bottom of it all - i will not be going again!

For the rest of yesterday I just rode around the Westminster/Victoria/Belgravia area.  A few pubs, lots of embassies, sports cars and Rollers.  I was slowly getting more and more tired so I made my way back to the car.  On the way I came across a large group of roller skaters as they waited patiently for the lights on Victoria Street.  Here's a photo for you ...  

They all seemed to be enjoying it.

And my all knowing Sage has been in touch again ...
 
Upon arriving home, a husband was met at the door by his sobbing wife.
Tearfully, she explained, 'It's the pharmacist. He insulted me terribly this morning on the phone. I had to call multiple times before he would even answer the phone.'
Immediately, the husband drove down town to confront the pharmacist and demand an apology.
Before he could say more than a word or two, the pharmacist told him, 'Now, just a minute, listen to my side of it. This morning, the alarm failed to go off, so I was late getting up. I went without breakfast and hurried out to the car, just to realize that I'd locked the house with both house and car keys in side and had to break a window to get my keys. Then, driving a little too fast, I got done for speeding. Later, when I was nearly at the pharmacy, I discovered that I had a flat tyre. When I finally got to the store, a crowd of people were waiting ting for me to open up. I got the shop opened and started serving these people.'
'All the time, the bloody phone was ringing off the hook.' He continued, 'Then, I had to break open a roll of 10p pieces against the cash register drawer to give some change, and they spilt all over the floor. I had to get down on my hands and knees to pick up them up. All this time, the phone was still ringing. When I came up I cracked my head on the open cash register drawer, which made me stagger back against a showcase with a load of perfume bottles on it. Half of them hit the floor and broke.'
'Meanwhile, the phone is still ringing with no let up, and I finally had time to answer it. It was your wife. She wanted to know how to use a rectal thermometer.
And believe me, mate, as God is my witness, all I did was tell her!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment