Tuesday 28 May 2013

Home for a day, very poor choice of hotel and art deco



28 May 2013

We're back home after a weekend in Brighton.  We arrived Friday lunch time in the rain and it continued to rain for the rest of the day but having arrived we were not going to sit in the hotel bar just because a little rain!  No we went off for a look around.  By the time we had decided to head back we were fairly wet so we got a taxi back to the hotel.

HOTEL!!!  What a nightmare that turned out to be!  When I booked it I went for one of the cheaper ones.  The room itself was too bad really, clean and so but we had to share facilities.  But some of the other guests were appalling, shouting and screaming and banging door up till around 2 o'clock.  Jan made a fuss about it and they finally went quiet.  Dark looks were exchanged the following morning at breakfast.

Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday was the normal fried mountain and it was OK but nothing special.  Yesterday however it was just toast and cereal; not what I was expecting seeing as we had paid for it.  Anyway, we got back home to Dorktown around 4pm.  Now we have to get ready to go off for another two weeks in the sun.  Hopefully I shall be able to write my blog while I'm there.

Sorry, what was that?  Oh the hotel name ... of course - The Iron Duke!

I love Art Deco architecture and Brighton has a lot of it.  This one I snapped on our first day there ...

And for a funny I offer ...

A man walks into a Welsh pub and orders a white wine spritzer. The bar goes silent as everyone stares at him. "Where are you from? You sound English", "I'm from across the Severn ," replies the man nervously. "What do you do, just across the Severn ?", "I'm a taxidermist." "What on earth is one of those?". "I mount animals." "Its alright boys," shouts the barman, "he's one of us."     

No comments:

Post a Comment