Monday 6 May 2013

Bad birding day, a restful day and my fav car!



6 May 2013

We had another birding day yesterday.  Some time ago we bought a book called Where to Watch Birds in Britain.  It's not a bad book and we use it regularly to find new sites to visit.  One such site we have been thinking of for some time is the Cotswold Water Park.  We put that right yesterday - our first and positively our last visit there!  A guy in the visitor centre showed us on a map where the best birding areas are so off we went.  We'd also asked about getting our scooter around and were assured we could do so.  What a nightmare!  We got stuck in deepish gravel used to repair to paths and we had to push/pull/lift our scooter out of many of them.  At one time my scooter toppled over and I went with it.  Luckily I wasn't hurt and a guy ran up to us and helped get me up and righting the scooter.  A big vote of thanks is due to him.  By the time we got back to the car we were hot, tired and pretty well depressed by it all.  That site is now off our visit list!  Oh yes ... very few birds were seen too.

On the way down the A429 we saw loads of sports cars heading in the opposite direction.  I think there was a rally or something on at Gaydon.  Whatever, those sporty jobs look just great.  Of course they are not really working cars these days but are fun cars. or hobby cars as I've heard them termed.  Oh to have the cash and knowledge to own and look after such a motor.  One the way we saw a few more heading south this time and my favourite all time car was among them - a red E-Type Jag soft-top - what a cracker of a car that was shining in the sun with its engine purring along ... oh yes please, yes please ... ...

So today is going to be a nice quiet restful day; even though its Bank Holiday Monday we are staying here in home and just pottering about doing bits n bobs as we feel like it.  I might even get a bit of writing done later too ... we'll see as the day goes on. 

Today's photo is of a yellow flower ... 

I snapped it in a front garden just down the road and now we have our own in a large pot out the back.

And a funny is now due ...

A woman goes to the Doctor in Glasgae, worried about her husband’s temper and threatening manner.  The Doc asks: "What's the problem, Janet?
The woman says: "Weeell Doctor Cameron, I dinae know what to do. Every time ma hubbie comes home pished, he threatens to slap me aroon'."
The Doctor says: "Aye, well... I have a real good cure for that. When your husband arrives home intoxicated, just take a wee glass of water and start swishing it in your mouth. Just swish and swish but don't swallow it until he goes to bed and is sound asleep."
Two weeks later she comes back to the doctor looking fresh and reborn. She says: "Doctor that was a effin brilliant! Evrae time ma hubbie came home pished, I swished with water. I swished an' swished, and he didnae touch me even once! Tell me Doc....wha's the secret? How's the water do that?"
The Doctor says: "Janet hen, it's really Nae big secret. The water does b*gg*r all…...It's keeping your mouth shut that does the trick...."         

No comments:

Post a Comment