Friday 3 May 2013

Daft names, voting and 12 times a second!



3 May 2013

I'm wanting to get this done today BEFORE we go out yet again.  Yesterday we went back to Attenborough so we could do the whole site seeing as it was very cold and showery.  Kile wouldn't have made it all the way around the site as well.  Anyway, we left here just before midday and by the time we got there, had a coffee and set off round the site, it was knocking on 1pm.  We arrived home at 9pm, happily knackered after a good day's birding.  We even got a lifer too, a pied flycatcher - very nice.

I was looking at today's telly pages and noticed a film on ITV at 10.35pm.  Looking at the cast list I saw that someone who is mentioned is called Bow Wow - not joking folks - Bow bloody Wow!  Have you thought about the thought processing that come up with some of these names?  Like Rip Torn, The Rock, Mr T.  I can certainly see why Marion Wayne changed it to John Wayne.  Cliff Richard sounds much better and 'smoother' than Harry Web for a singer in the 1950/60s.  But Bow Wow?  Come on!!!

Did you all vote yesterday?  We didn't and we didn't intend to either.  I have given up on politicians both local and national.  Nowt will change over yesterday's election no matter who won.  Voting has now become a waste of time and energy, both of which I am too short of to waste!

Sitting on my a77 is 248 images awaiting sorting out.  That's a lot more than I would normally do on a day out.  Towards the end of the day I saw an Egyptian goose and wanted a shot of it.  Up came the camera, half way down on the shutter release and it focused and the fully down the shutter released ... and released ... and again, and again.  Puzzled, I tried another one with same result.  So I checked the top mode dial and found it had somehow moved from scene to 12 shot rapid mode.  That's 12 shots in one second!  No wonder I got so many yesterday.  It will take a good bit to sort them all out though.  I've also got a good number on my Nikon P6000.  Lots of photos to choose from for this blog. 

Talking of which ... 

Kile in snapper/birder mode.

And a funny ...

A Scotsman, an Englishman, an Irishman, a Welshman, a Latvian, a Turk, an Aussie, a Yank, a Kiwi, a Springbok, an Egyptian, a Jap, a Mexican, a Spaniard, a Greek, a Russian, an Estonian, a German, an Italian, a Pole, a Lithuanian, a Swede, a Finn, a Norwegian, an Israeli, a Romanian, a Bulgarian, a Serb, a Czech, and a Swiss all went to a nightclub.....
The doorman said "Sorry, I can't let you in without a Thai"            

No comments:

Post a Comment