Friday 17 May 2013

Good news, not so good news and dues paid



17 May 2013

No dawn raid this morning; I took both library books back and the fine was on £2.70 odd.  I had forgotten about all about the one book so it's a good job they sent me a letter about it ;-)))

Very good news for Jan this morning!  She had an appointment with the surgeon who did her stoma thingy - and has been discharged.  She doesn't need any more treatment for it.  We are both relieved over that.

Now then, as you may have guessed I like photography; so when I looked at the telly pages for this past week and saw a show about David Suchet and the photos his grandfather had taken, I decided to have a look.  I sat and watched it this morning.  Using his grandfather's Leica M3 Suchet went off to try to find some of the locations where the original photos had been taken and take similar shots for himself.  What a show it was too!  I wish I was as good as Suchet.  Right at the start though he said that he had been taught that no matter how good the kit is you used, you need to use your more.  If you don't have an eye for a photo, no matter what you do it won't ever work properly.  I think I shall have to look more and work harder.

My VW Golf is due to be changed on the 28th of this month.  I have decided for various reasons to get a Fiat Doblo this next time.  This will be our third Doblo.  The first one we rejected after less than a month of use.  There were so many faults on it, it was crazy!  The final straw was finding that the engine tray was missing and coupled with the attitude of the service department at the dealer, we'd had enough.  We changed to a Zafira, nice car but I found it hard to drive for any length of time.  I got leg pain because of it.  That is also why we don't look at either Fords or Peugeot.  That Zafira lasted the three years and because we lived in Greater Manchester we tried another Doblo.  The hand over was delayed by nearly a month because the car wasn't even in the country on the day we were due to collect it.  And guess what?  The new one may be delayed too.  I got a text this morning to tell that it might not be here in time for the 28th.  Oh dear ... ... ...

Photo time ... got one ... 

our mate Kile ... ... ...

And guess what - the Sage has been in touch with another cracker ...   

The Mexican maid asked her boss for a pay increase.
The wife was very upset about this and decided to talk to her about the raise.
She asked: "Now Maria, why do you want a pay increase?"
Maria: "Well, Señora, there are tree reasons why I wanna increaze."
"The first ees that I iron better than ju."
Wife: "Who said you iron better than me?"
Maria: "Jor hozban he say so."
Wife: "Oh yeah?"
Maria: "The second reason eez that I am a better cook than ju."
Wife: "Nonsense, who said you were a better cook than me?"
Maria: "Jor hozban did"
Wife increasingly agitated: "Oh he did, did he???"
Maria: "The third reason is that I am better at sex than ju in the bed."
Wife, really boiling now and through gritted teeth. "And did my husband say that as well?"
Maria: "No Señora...... The gardener did."
Wife: "So how much do you want?"

No comments:

Post a Comment