Tuesday 6 December 2016

Spaced out on books


6 December


Kile got himself I trouble again this morning. He stopped here last night and he when got up he decided to have himself a slice of bloomer bread without anything on it at all, just the bread. Jan warned him not to, he ignored her and he ended up running to the bog to throw up. He then asked for a note for it. So, Jan wrote him one, but not what he expected. She explained what had happened and why. They haven’t phoned us yet so he’s not got away with it this time at least. We are due to have him this coming weekend but I’m not sure he will be coming, depends if he behaves between now and then.


Anyway; did you happen to see the news last night and the item on the return vehicle that brought Tim Peak back after his ride in space. The vehicle has been bought by the science museum where it will be display with an Apollo capsule that’s been there for years. Tim did something I would have loved to do, even just to go up there and come straight back home. We took Tom to the science museum once and I saw that Apollo capsule and couldn’t resist putting my hand out and touching it. Come on folks, it’s not every day you get chance to touch something like that is it, and with me being a space nut at the time, well, what would you expect?


Books; why do we buy them, can we have too many, and wishing I had been reading as a child. Over the years I’ve had and read must be in thousands now. And yet right now I have just over 200 sitting around here in various places. But this flat is so small we wouldn’t have room for all of them. However, I do wish I had been encouraged to read more as a child. Dad only ever read westerns, I tried one and couldn’t get with it, so I tried another one, same reaction. Mother only read historical romance, and that didn’t do anything for me at all.


I suppose I really became a reader when I was about 16 or 17 and I haven’t looked back since. So going back to the questions I asked above; I buy books because I like them, actually I love owning books, and the idea of being entertained for hours is a bonus. Can we have too many? Well, that depends on how much storage you I have, and we are limited in storage. But hang on, I have a tablet with a 16gig micro SD card and a kindle app - oh happy days …


Today’s photo then …


What else but a book shop.


Today’s funny …


A convict escaped from prison by digging a tunnel. It came up outside the prison in a school playground. The convict was so happy when he emerged from the tunnel he exclaimed, "I'm free, I'm free!"
"So what," said a little girl. "I'm four."
    

No comments:

Post a Comment