Wednesday 14 December 2016

Not much about much ...


14 December


Yesterday I really didn’t feel up to siting here at me ‘puter for a couple of hours at all, so I didn’t. I did eventually have a short time on FaceBook in the evening though. In the afternoon, we went to Tesco Arena to do our shopping for a change, we won’t be going back in hurry. Just about everything we bought was more expensive than Asda, and we had to hunt around for a lot of items. OK, that is down to not going there all that often, but all round, not a fun time. On the way home we called into a pub for drink, and even that was a disaster. The tables were sticky, there was a slight smell of rotten food, and even at 4pm, there were several drunks in there shouting the odds over everything and anything.


Arnie the feathered lodger went home last Friday and we are surprised that Maxi isn’t missing her. Having said that, he’s not coming out of his cage as much as when she was here. He’s happy chirping away in there right now. It is quieter now she gone though; I’m sure they used to make so much noise just see who could scream the loudest. However, Maxi will remain by himself now, we don’t want another one in a hurry, far too much mess from two of them together.


Have you ever heard of an outfit named Inrex? No, nor me, that is until I read a story on MSN home page today. According to the story, they are a traffic analyst group and they have come up to a warning that December 23rd will see the most congestion before the Christmas period and the 27th after Christmas. Oh hum … is that supposed to be news? The last traveling day before is always busy on the roads. Year after year the telly news carries pictures of people turning up to travel late on the 24th or the 31st only to find out that whole system has shut down. Like I said, what’s new?


It could be the big Day is on a Sunday this year, but most of us have lived through even that before. Maybe real story is Inrex themselves. I don’t know of them and I would suggest most people don’t folks don’t. I’ve just done a search for them and it seems they have a finger in a number pies, mainly to do with communications and mapping apps. They have a real estate and a home care services too. Perhaps the whole thing is aimed in lifting their profile. If so, I’ve just help them a good bit haven’t I?


Well, Jan has just left to go for a GP appointment. It’s our own fault that it’s happening in a rush though. When our prescriptions were delivery a couple of weeks ago, she wasn’t in the driver took my repeats back with him, but he had to leave Jan’s here. We took it in yesterday and it was refused because she hadn’t seen a GP for prescription check. It was clearly show on the first page of the repeats but neither of us saw it. So now she has to get it all done in a bit of a rush. Why’s that? Well, they are due delivery on 27th, but I can see them coming out earlier. Our fault but Jan is doing the racing around because of it.


Today’s photo …

One of my better shots a Lady Godiva.


Today’s funny …


Patient: Doctor, doctor, I keep seeing frogs in front of my eyes.
Doctor: Don't worry, it's only a hoptical illusion.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment