Tuesday 27 December 2016

Post Crimble ...


27 December


That’s Crimble over for another year, only 363 days to the next one. Ours was the usual quiet time with nowt much happening and us not going out anywhere. One year we will fulfil our dream of away for the Christmas and New Year, somewhere nice and warm. Anyway, Last night we sat and watched one of our favourite DVDs, Stardust. What I hadn’t realised until last night is that the original book it’s based on was by Neil Gaiman. I’ve read one of his, now it looks like I shall be book hunting again soon.


Another strange dream last night; this time it was about a strange beastie in large man-made lake. Suddenly there were two of them, and then hundreds of the little beasties. That was when they began to change and start to eat anyone near the water. They were sort of sting ray shaped with three long tails, the shorter central was the killing one. Pretty soon they had begun to spread and became a series problem for everyone. The investigations into what they were and where they came from ended, and the best way of killing them became to key focus. And another novel idea is set out ready to be worked on.


Bristol Fashion is being proofed for me so I thought I could get on with Arathusia; as it worked out the new Alan Parsons came to the fore, and had around 350 words added before I came to a shuddering stop! Arathusia is being hand written and then typed up, however both version, typed and hand written stop versions end in places that are so different I’m lost as to what to do with it. It will get sorted though, they always do. All I need to do is get on with and do it, and that my friends is not so easy at times. Lack of motivation is far more real than writers block in my view … or are they same?


Different writers have different ways of beating it. Some prefer the idea of writing anything, anything at all as long as you are writing. OK, fine, but what do they do with all they produce I wonder? Others say that they structure their writing days, and lets face it, a writer who writes to earn a living has no choice in it. They get up early, go for a walk, have breakfast and then go to their office/study and start work, breaking for regular tea breaks and so on. Fine, I can see that working for some folks, but not for me, simply because I don’t have a particular writing area apart from in our living room where I’m sat now. Jan is also sat here too and as much as she enjoys playing game on here lappy, she like to have the telly on too. When that happens, all thought of working go out the window.


I can’t see me getting much done today either; we are off out pretty soon now, heading for B&Q in Binley and across the road to Morrisons after that. Jan is also on about going to B&M to look for lamp shades. That is my idea of going to Astley Book Farm is out for today too, ah well … … …


So it’s time for a photo …

What better than my Crimble dinner; that’s right, no turkey. Neither of us like turkey all that much, so we had a chunk of beef instead, and very nice it was too.


Today’s funny …


How many waiters does it take to change a light bulb?
None. Not even a burned-out bulb can catch a waiter's attention.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment