Thursday 1 December 2016

Bad boys will out ...


1 December


Malware Bytes is working well I think. Since I downloaded it, it’s stopping a lot of strange sites that are trying to sneak in. Most mornings a site with the name finholme keeps on trying to get in, but so far Malware has stopped it. I won’t be complaining about that!


A copper was deliberately run down after chasing a lorry which was being driven dangerously. However, he wasn’t run down by the lorry, oh no, that had stopped and the driver was running off, the copper chasing him on foot. At that point a car drove at the cop and left him with serious injuries that might be life-changing. The lorry driver made a car stop, dragged out the driver and drove off in it, abandoning the car several miles away. The lorry was stolen of course. Neither driver has been found.


In another chase somewhere locally, a stolen car was being chased by cops, but this time the thief managed to role the car with the cop not far behind when he did so. Most traffic cop cars these days are recording what they is going on around them, and that car was doing just that so we saw the actual roll. Nothing was said about the condition of the driver though, but I’m not overly bothered by that. As far as I’m concerned the thieves deserve everything they get when they do finally crash. I mean, why should Joe Public give toss when the criminals get caught or get hurt. If they were behaving themselves then they wouldn’t get chased and wouldn’t hurt. Nope, I’m more concerned about the owner of the car and their bill for increased insurance premiums and any excess they may have to pay too.


Our police forces throughout the country are far from perfect, we all know that, far too many of them being taken to task when things get out of hand. But you know what, I wouldn’t want their job. I wouldn’t put up with the way drunks behave or kids either for that matter. At some time we all have a moan about the cops and what they’re doing or not doing, but who is the first people we call on when our homes get burgled or we have a smash while driving which wasn’t our fault. We might not like them, but sadly we do need them simply because it’s in our nature to misbehave. Most of us are able to control that side of our nature, some sadly can’t, or won’t; and that is why we need cops and always will.

I have diabetic clinic at 2.50 this afternoon and I’m not looking forward to it. I feel as though I have put some weight on over the last couple of months, and I know that I have not done as well so normal on sugar control. That means that the major indicator in the blood test, the HbA1c will be higher than normal. It measurers the average sugar level over a three month period (don’t ask, I have no idea how that works!) and that is the main level that is used to measure your control. After that we shall be heading off to Asda in town seeing as Jan is feeling a lot better today.


Today’s photo then …

A type of ox I think, shot at West Midlands Safari park.


Today’s funny …


William Shakespeare walks into a bar and asks for a beer but the barman says sorry I can't serve you, you're bard.            

No comments:

Post a Comment